anyone else need to lose alot of weight before their big day?

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 124
Posted: Aug 6, 2005 11:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi. I just found this message board. Hoping to get some positive support. Been engaged 3 weeks. Getting married in April 2006. I have about 20 lbs to lose. I ordered the dress two sizes too small on purpose to motivate myself; so I HAVE to lose the weight. I'm going to check in daily to see how everyone else is coping.

Posted: Aug 7, 2005 1:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I need to loose alot of weight before my January 13th, 2007 wedding... i have alot of time i guess though... i need to really hardcore start on my diet.

Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

jessika i know how u feel i've been engaged since nov 2004 and keep saying that im going to start my diet "next week" and my fiancee says u say that all the time he tells me i dont need to he loves me the way i am but its just i dont know i've never been skinny and ack if u want to my email is punkysparkles@hotmail.com or on AIM its punkysparkles311 or yahoo kornkittie_2000

Posted: Aug 24, 2005 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hey everyone...sorry i havent been on or replied to anyone...i have been busy with my daughter and i was in louisiana and i havent been on that much...I am so glad to see that so many people have responded to my topic...it is nice to see that there are alot of others like me who are having a hard time losing weight....well I just started trying to diet this week...I have been drinking more water and cut out all sugar (except for the occasional cup of coffee) and I feel so much better now that I havent had any soda...well I have to go now..hope you guys are doing well with your weight loss and hope you reach your goals...angelblueyes200@yahoo.com

Posted: Aug 24, 2005 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got engaged last Nov.. Our wedding isn't until Sept 1, 2006 but my FH"s family lives in Ireland and we are now planning to go for Christmas. Anyways, we both have a lot of weight to loose and hope to start loosing for our trip. I currently weigh 230 and wish to get back to 150 or so. I am thinking of joining weight watchers. Any one have any advice?

Posted: Nov 22, 2005 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi,

I too need to loose about 50 lbs before my wedding. I'm 185 now and would like to reach 130-135. We've set August 12th, 2006 as the big day. I would love to be the same weight I was when we met. Do you have a plan/strategy -other than complete starvation? Frown Eek

Posted: Nov 22, 2005 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Flynnmy, I would look at your carb intake, don't stop it but limit it, switch from white bread to brown or multigrain, white pasta to wholemeal.. and so on.We all eat more carbs than is necessary, most times I find it is simply because carbs are cheap, and those of us in family, or living/ career situations, look for fast cheap alternatives. Think about them, pasta, rice, potatos, bread, even crackers.

Try and eat lots of little meals instead of only one or two big ones to keep your metabolisim up, try not to eat at least 2 hours before going to bed, drink loads of water, exercise moderatly and try to stay in your taget weight loss Heart Rate zone, (usually low impact for longer).

Believe it or not starvation will only make you fatter before draiing you of everything you need to live and then slowly having your body eat it'self for food. In short, VERY uncool! Starving yourself will slow your metabolisim and send you body into like survival shock, where it reacts as if it won't be fed again, so it stores EVERYTHING you consume instead of using it as energy. And what happens?.. you get bigger, tireder and most times depressed, until that is you give up and make a donut run in the early hours of the morning. :-)

Is that the kind of thing your after?...

Posted: Nov 23, 2005 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hey guys sorry about not replying...i have been busy with life in general....I have finally started working out to a dance workout dvd...I am hoping to lose most of my weight...I only have 7 mths till the wedding and I have been so lazy...I am hoping that I can shuck most of it...anyways...hope everyone is doing well with their weightloss.....anyone need someone to talk to just im me on yahoo...my sn is angelblueyes200@yahoo.com

Posted: Nov 24, 2005 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married July 06. I'm currently 160 lbs and I want to be down to 140-145. I need ideas!!!! I'm so unmotivated and I love fattening foods!!

Posted: Nov 24, 2005 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kelli, do you excersise much? Whats your worst habbit? WHat kind of fatty foods do you like that you can't stay away from?

Posted: Nov 24, 2005 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

2 years ago my weight was at 130 exactly, thanks to birth control I am now at 145. Its not that I am fat, or big, because i think I look great, I would like to lose 10 lbs. I would just like to be at a good 135 for my personal well being, and feeling way better about myself when looking in the mirror after a shower.

**Amanda**

Posted: Nov 25, 2005 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am currently 235lbs and would love to be below 200 before my wedding. I have never been SKINNY Roll Eyes! But at 200 I am comfortable. I would love to be 175 or 180 that woudl be skinny for me.

I just got measured for my dress and they had to special order it because I have big Boobs Eek I think if I lose some weight maybe I'll be more comfortable.

I don't eat well but have cut out fast food and a lot of sweets. If I get a craving I have a small plain hersey bar. Just enough to stop it and no fat. I need to work out (yeah right) Roll Eyes I guess of I could get off my butt I might just lose a little more then I want.

Posted: Nov 25, 2005 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Everyone! First, I would like to congratulate all of you for the progress that everyone one of you are making! HOORAY for the motivation it is the Key for your weight loss goals! I have been a crash dieter for years; I have tried from the weight watchers, to Atkins, to obsessive cardio routines. But I have found that there is a correlation with weight gain and refined carbs (carbs = potatoes, table sugar, milk sugar, rice, pasta etc.). So if you modify your of these items and eat more greens (any vegetable that green in color (spinach, broccoli and lettuces) you will have more success at losing weight and even more so with some light moderate cardio or even walking will help. I am now 174 and am planning to lose over 40lbs, It is not easy, but this bulletin keeps us motivated and aspiring for better health and feeling better about ourselves, in the end is worth the work! KEEPING GOING YOU'LL BE THERE B4 U KNOW IT!!!! XOXO BEST WISHES

Posted: Dec 1, 2005 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lucy!,

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying!!! I have NEVER been skinny but I am hoping that I can at least feel comfortable in my own skin (and then mabey my wedding dressSmile!!)

I started a weightloss program w/my doctor September 1st and by Early November had lost 50lbs That brought me from 250 down to 200 but now I have gained back like 10lbs b/c of the holidays and stress.

I am hoping to get back on track and loose at least 60 lbs before my wedding (which isn't unheard of since it won't be until the summer of '07!)

What I have done so far is cut out fast food (mostly) I don't eat past 4:00 (in the begining it was 6:00 but after 2 months the DR. moved it to 4:00) and I don't eat any sweets and don't drink anything but water. I know that is really strict but I stopped doing these things and I felt tired and I gained 10 lbs in like 2 weeks!! YIKES! My Dr. says this is a lifestyle change not a wieght loss diet. Thats the part i'm struggling with...
Anyway! I would love to hear from you and anyone else who has support and words of encouragment as well as new ideas.
Good Luck and I know you'll do great

Posted: Dec 3, 2005 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I need to lose about 100 pounds and only have like 6 months to do it. I have heard great things about the Atkins diet. Have any of you tried this before and did it work?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine