anyone else need to lose alot of weight before their big day?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 124
Posted: Jul 12, 2005 5:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

YES!!!! I AM IN THE SAME BOAT YOU ARE IN. I AM GETTING MARRIED IN MAY OF 2006 AND RIGHT NOW I WEIGH 175 AND WISH TO WEIGH 135-145 BY THEN. I'VE RECENTLY STARTED WALKING TO EXERCISE -BUT WE WILL SEE WHAT THAT DOES. HAVE YOU BEEN EXERCISING OR CHANGING YOUR EATING HABITS (I THINK THATS THE WORST PART). ANYWAYS -KEEP IN TOUCH AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 7:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Any recomendations on how to loose 40 pounds in 9 months? I'm getting married in March 2006. I currently weigh 265. I would feel much better at 225. Would like to get down to 180, but don't want an unrealistic goal for the wedding. I want to do it healthily. What do you reccomend?

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I swear by Curves.. if you wanna lose it and keep it off curves is the way to go...

Posted: Jul 15, 2005 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Some of you have really wonderful stories of weight loss and exciting ones about what you plan to do to get in shape. I recently lost 14 pounds through exercise and by cutting out refined foods from diet. I eliminated refined sugars (OK, I have a frozen yogurt every once and awhile) and white flour. It's amazing what switching from white bread, pasta and rice to whole grain breads, pastas and brown rice can do. I also scaled back on my meats. I've really enjoyed Amy's Kitchen brand of organic vegeterian meals. They are a little pricier than other frozen meals, but my GOSH are they good and satisfying.

In the end though, I think exercise is the key. I've worked rollerblading, hiking, biking, swimming and kayaking into my gym routine so that I don't get bored (and I live in Iowa, so if I can find it here, it can be found anywhere). Any exercise is great though, even if it's just a few laps of walking around the block.

One other trick: every time I get really stressed about wedding planning, rather than picking up the phone and complaining to my FH and mom (I learned my lesson the hard way - I think they didn't want to answer my calls anymore) I now go out for a short walk or run. It helps clear my head and I've come up with great wedding ideas that way.

Posted: Jul 21, 2005 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I need to lose about 50 lbs before my June 17, 2006 wedding!!! I am having a bit of trouble getting started.

Posted: Jul 21, 2005 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm a yoyo dieter. And I don't necessarily "diet". When Imoved to Las Vegas I lost about 40 lbs. just by walking everywhere because I had no vehicle and it was hot. 4 years ago my fiance and I broke up. I quit eating all together and did nothing but drink Mt. Dew. I lost 25 lbs in 3 weeks. Dangerous I know but I was heart broken and sick. I've decided I need to get healthier. I've started riding my bike in the evenings. Now if I could just stop drinking the Mt. Dew I'd be in good shape. I don't eat a lot, I'm not a binge eater and I try not to eat a lot of junk. We do eat a lot of red meat though. But we eat fruit all the time now that it's summer and fresh vegetables too. (Hard to get fresh stuff here in MI in the winter). I really have no point just wanted to share my story. Hehe. Good luck ladies with your weight loss. Do it for your health and your weddings.

Posted: Jul 22, 2005 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It is hot here in Vegas isn't it! Anyways, I weigh 140-145 right now, and would like to get down to 115-120 by the end of October. Especially for the honeymoon, and just my wellbeing. I am not "dieting" per se. I have switched to whole grain wheats, and cut out alot of sweets and fastfood. I have been working out at the gym for about 3 weeks now. Three times a week, with 30 mins cardio and 30 mins arm/back, abs, and leg workouts. I haven't notcied if I've lost anything yet. Don't forget, when burning fat, you build muscle, so it may not seem like you're loosing anything at first. Also, I have been eating a little breakfast (toast or something)

It's kind of hard for me, since I don't get off work till 9pm. So I eat late everynight. Especially when I cook, sometimes I don't eat until 12am!! So that is my major set back. Anyways, I can see I have rambled. LOL Good luck to all of you in your weightloss endeavors. Be strong.

P.S. My FH works out with me, so he is a good partner to keep me motivated. =D And I also drink ALOT of water! All I drink is water and sometimes diet soda.

Posted: Jul 27, 2005 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi all again well i think the pilates is really working i also watch what i eat and still do the workouts but yeah Smile i weigh 169lbs now thats about 5 lbs i still have 20 to go Frown but ill do it i love all your stories thanx ladies love and light kindred.

Posted: Jul 28, 2005 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I went on the Master Cleanse with all my brides maids to test it. We all lost weight. I lost 12 lbs. in 10 days and felt great. A couple of us cheated, but we plan to do it the 2 weeks before the big day!

It is all natural and works in only about 10 days. The body gets all the nutrients needed and is cleansed of toxins and other junk that gets stored in fat tissue. I found a lot of info about it at http://www.TheMasterCleanse.com on the bulletin board.

Posted: Aug 3, 2005 3:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is a very inspiring board! I, too, am trying to reach that magic number 135. It is very encouraging to read about others who are successfully using the same diet and exercise guidelines I am following. Good luck to you all!

Posted: Aug 3, 2005 11:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats to everyone making progress!! I can certainly stand to take some pounds off, although the decision was not for the wedding, but it certainly fueled it quite a bit. I've been walking more, drinking plenty of water (always done that, but now try to make sure I drink at least 16 ounces before I eat) and cut back portion sizes (if you're having a hard time with that, buy some children's plates and don't pile it on--smile). I also cut out eating late. I just read something yesterday where a woman set her goal in baby steps, I think that can be very helpful. I only weigh myself at the beginning of the month (just a time I picked to see if I've made any progress from the past month). Remember, don't weigh yourself when on your cycle (can be discouraging if you have problems with bloating--drinking lots of water during this time can ease the bloating, but still...). Making healthy lifestyle choices will certainly pay off, bonne chance Ladies!! Remember, if you plateau, don't give up, keep on pushin'!!

Posted: Aug 4, 2005 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i too am wanting to lose weight before the big day i weigh about 230 right now and the wedding is in 2007 my fiancee says i dont need to its just trying to get started like exercising i've tried to start a better diet like i drink a lot of soda its diet but its still a lot i've been trying to drink more water but it is sooo hard i will definetly be coming to this board for inspiration

Posted: Aug 4, 2005 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am trying to loose weight before my wedding day in 2006. My FH is helping me out by walking with me. but its during the day that it is hard because i have a tendency to snack on sweets and salty foods. its the stress of the planning of the wedding and the taking care of his little one every other weekend. so not really having a schedule is hard trying to plan a wedding with all of this is really hard. so that is where i think food helps. but i just don't know if i will be able to loose the weight without some support. i have a hard time telling friends that i need help loosing weight. because i think they will just laugh at me. what can i do? Confused Frown

Posted: Aug 5, 2005 12:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm trying to lose about 15 pounds before my October 2006 wedding. It doesn't seem like a lot , but I already exercise so it's tough to get the last 15 ounds to come off. I have plenty of time, but since its my senior year of college and I'm trying to graduate in May and plan a wedding it's getting stressful. I just moved into a new house so I can run outside. I definitely recommend an aerobics class though. Last year I dropped 10 pounds just doing an aerobics class for an hour three times a week. I find that it's an amazing stress reliever to go for a walk/run also and find a fruit or vegetable that you like and substitute them for snacks if you're like me and like to snack in between meals. Foods with a higher water content tend to help keep me feeling full for a longer amount of time. I've found that muching on carrots and grapes work well for me.

Posted: Aug 6, 2005 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi,
I am checking out Weight Watchers right now. Any suggestions? I am currently 161. Would like to go down to the 120s.
Thanks !

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine