anyone else need to lose alot of weight before their big day?

Online Users: 1,348 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 124
Posted: Mar 1, 2006 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey everyone I found a real good way to work out with out paying hundreds at a gym. Go to amazon.com and look up callinetics you can get a used tape for about $6. My mom told me about it she is tiny to start but she went from a size 3 to a size 0 in just a couple months. I started last month and I've went from a size 7 to a size 5. I know every ones body is different so it might not work for every one but hey for $6 you might want to give it a try.

P.S. I did have to change my diet alittle bit but not much. Just watch what you eat and let me know how it worked for you

Posted: Mar 2, 2006 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What's the name of that book?

Posted: Mar 2, 2006 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations on your big days!! I hope all of you are successful in your mission to lose weight.

Thank God due to family genes and my ability to control my weight, I am not overweight. I am underweight but I am happy as I am. I eat a lot, I just excercise and have a fast metabolism. I am 105 lbs!!...I HOPE ALL OF YOU MAKE IT TO YOUR GOALS!!

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 11:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, thanks to my great genes, I'm overweight, I have a built in double chin, no boobs and a big butt.

Anyway, so I had my 2nd fitting and I can see the difference in the pictures between my first and 2nd fittings! I've lost a total of (drumroll please) 18 lbs! Woo hoo! claps But, nevertheless, I still have at least 20 more to go before I reach my weightloss goals! I don't know, everyone is telling me that I don't need to lose more weight, and I appreciate that, but I am still such a chunk. I think when you've been thin and then you let yourself go, and you make it back to a somewhat acceptable weight, it's hard for other people to see that you still view yourself as heavy.

I just want to say thanks to all you girls for all your support and for sharing all your stories. This could not be done without all of you here to talk to. Thank you.

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I do have some tips. Weight training! Weight train and you will burn calories even when you are just watching tv. The more muscle mass you have, the higher rate your body will burn fat. Also, tackle the emotional reasons behind eating. Whether it's boredom or anxiety or to celebrate. "Get with The Program" by Oprah's trainer is really awesome. I'm lucky enough where I never had to lose more than 20 pounds, but I hope that I can offer what I have learned. Good luck. And don't be hard on yourselef or shame yourself if you "mess up". Just take it one second at a time. Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2006 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So, I'm stuck. I need help. This is the 3rd Saturday that I've weighed the same amount, and I'm so confused and I don't know what to do. I feel like pushing myself to go to the gym is a waste. I feel like everything is a waste. I'm tired, I hate working out, and I hate not eating good food. I feel like I've made no progress and I'm so angry and upset. I don't know what to do. Someone, please offer advice.

Posted: Mar 11, 2006 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well it could be from a lot of things. if you are retaining water THIS week then it could be the difference. or if you are doing the same ROUTINE at the gym every day or in the same sequence.... Bump you weights up 12 reps x 4 sets. lower the weight a bit so you can complete them... do 10 extra minutes of cardio before and after a workout... drink a ton of water to flush your system... you might just be in a plateau and need to switch it up a bit

Posted: Mar 11, 2006 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hmm...

Yeah. I just changed my workout this week from the Precor to the treadmill. I thought that the results would happen quickly, as in I would break this plateau this week -- and when I weighed myself this morning (after a week of running 3 miles a day!) and I'm STILL the same weight, I just started crying. Uncontrollably. Sobbing. It wasn't a pretty sight.

I'm going to keep at it, I just need a mental break.

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So, if you've been working out, you may still weigh the same but you may be losing fat and looking more toned with your new muscles! The weight is just a number, may not be telling the whole story........

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

check out mypyramid.gov - you can keep track of the foods you eat that day and it'll add up your caloric intake and what you need to improve on (ie more vitamin c). it gives you 2 options, maintaining your weight or losing weight and then tells you what you should change your caloric intake too (to lose weight at a healthy rate).

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 9:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Bliss0506, PLEASE don't get discouraged by that. It's what is supposed to happen. In "Get with the Program" he discusses that phenomenon. It is actually a good thing if that is happening. It is also why he doesn't allow his clients to weigh themselves for the first couple months.

One more thing though, I do think sugar is such a big culprit. I used to have an ice cream sundae for lunch everyday. Then I was watching a talk show and an actor was on. They asked him how he gained so much weight for the movie and he said "I started eating ice cream everyday." And then they said "How did you lose it?". He said "I stopped eating the ice cream everyday." Of course, that's really simplistic, but I've been researching the effects of sugar. Even foods that are fat free but high in sugar (like many diet foods) can really pack on fat. Beware of sugar. And although it is an addiction, once you cut out a lot of it, it becomes really easy. I will also add that I used to be THE WORST eater. But once I really started concentrating on nutrition and cutting out junk food, I noticed my tastes began to change. Now if I have a coffee with sugar in it, it tastes too sweet to me. And if I eat chips, they taste really greasey. So you can start rewiring your taste and it becomes so easy to eat healthy.

Sorry this is long, but one more thing. Don't be afraid of carbs, they are what make you feel full. Especially since you are working out. BUT make sure they are WHOLE GRAIN. You could eat pasta everynight if you wanted to as long as it is whole grain pasta. And remember, just like coffee, healthy food like that is an aquired taste.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks, you guys, for all your replies. I just had to stick with it. It is so frustrating when you're working out like crazy and eating so strictly, and the scale just does not move!

Sugar is a big part of not losing weight, I think. You could eat 1300 calories in ice cream a day, like you said, and gain so much weight from the sugar (not to mention the fat).

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

dont give up bliss...i'm not seeing the scale move much these days, if it does it drops and comes back up! Frown but my back is ALOT more toned!! Ideally I'd love to lose EIGHTY pounds...but i would be tickled to lose half of that over the summer! I just keep going. Doing the best I can. Like my friend pointed out. When ppl look at me, they see tawny. they don't think 'oh man that girl needs to lose weight!' The only person that will care what we weigh on our wedding day is us. And that will be our little secret! Wink

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 10:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know -- I have not given up! I broke my plateau by 4 LBS! I just weighed myself today (the last time was Saturday) and I'm down to 147 lbs!

And, yes, I'm the only one who will know what I weigh at my wedding, but I really do not want to weigh 147 lbs when I walk down the aisle! I will know, and I will be upset. I just will not accept this version of me. Frown

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 3:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

seems like a lot of brides-to-be are in the same boat as i am, the weightloss boat that is. I'm 5'1 and currently 204 and need to get down to a healthy body weight of 110-120 hopefully before my big day (which isnt until 11/2007) I signed up for the gym with my FH and go 3-4 times a week. in the first month i dropped 6lbs but gained 2 back so to see that come back is kind of discouraging but being female with our lovely hormones its kind of expected, but i've also been doing some weight training so that may be part of it i hope. i'm eating healthy for the most part, cut out soda (my addiction was a nice cold Dr. Pepper) and the fast food which has helped. we grill alot of our food on the george forman. I have a godsend at work, a coworker used to be a personal trainer so she helped me come up with a weight training plan which is much cheaper (i.e. free) as to the ridiculous amount of money the gym wanted. right now my biggest problem area is my stomach i have a huge spare tire (definently something i'm not proud of) and want to know what other exercises are good at burning fat in the belly area. i've been doing the ab machines and crunches but don't know if they are right for losing and toning that area. feel free to AIM me @ sundevil062002 with any advice or just to have a buddy to talk to about this lovely subject.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine