OMG--gifts for men. Impossible.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
OMG--gifts for men. Impossible.
Posted: May 9, 2006 5:48 PM

My husband's birthday is coming up and he is impossible to buy for--he's an electronics nerd.  But everything he likes is high end.  The last thing I bought him that he loved was an (inexpensive!) piece of original art. 

I have looked everywhere--and am still looking.  Any advice or gifts you've given that your fiances/husbands have especially liked would be much much much appreciated.

Re: OMG--gifts for men. Impossible.
Posted: May 9, 2006 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Books
CD collections/compilations of a favorite artist
Cigars - CAO has a fantastic sampler box
Scotch (at least in this household)
My FH has an addiction to high end power tools, I will get a GC from Lowe's or Home Depot, he picks out what he wants AND pays the difference
Magazine/Newspaper subscriptions
Weekend get-a-way for two (local B&B)
Dinner out at a higher end restaurant you normally don't go to on a regular basis

Good Luck

Posted: May 9, 2006 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH's birthday is coming up too, I'm in brainstorming mode also! 

Guys seem to love watches, my FH, my brother, my dad, they all love watches! 

My FH also would rather us spend money on doing something fun together rather than a gift.  For his last birthday I surprised him and took him on a day long canoe trip, he loved it....And those 'gifts' always result in a good memory!    Good luck!

Posted: May 10, 2006 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Get some totally different lingerie, get a wig, and do a fantasy striptease for him. Trust me, it will be the best prezzie he ever gets. You don't need to be that coordinated, you just need to be freaky.

Posted: May 10, 2006 12:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Last year I bought him a weekend (friday-monday) Harley Davidson bike rental. We took off for the weekend and just rode. I am going to have a hard time topping that this year. Good Luck

Posted: May 10, 2006 1:42 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine is so hard to buy for too.  Since my birthday is the day before our dating anniversary, and his birthday is the day after Valentine's, a lot of times what we do is instead of gifts go away to a new place for the weekend, stay one night or two in a hotel or B&B, explore the area, eat in a nice restaurant, etc.

Megan

Posted: May 10, 2006 7:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If he is adventorous, how about a sky diving adventure, or a camping trip with you and all of his friends. Maybe he would like to go horse back riding. Or maybe even a local masseuse (sp) for a good massage

-Skydiving

-Camping trip with you and his buddies

-Horse back riding

-Massage parlor

-Manicure or Pedicure (for the pretty boys)

-A sex pack with condoms, lingerie, a toy maybe?, A X rated movie, some flavored body lotion. etc, (what man wouldn't want that!)

-For some women who don't normally allow it, maybe let him have a boys night out.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 10, 2006 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fh is hard to buy for to.... He is the type that when he wants something he typically buys it for himself....  My fh is into tools, fish and fish tanks, video games, movies, New York Yankees, anything sports related really.  The last gift he got was for Christmas and it was a 40 gallon fish tank.. He absolutely loved it, and now we have like 4 fish tanks in this house.  If your fh has a fav baseball team or something why not get tickets to go see a game... They don't have to be like outstanding seats......  Good Luck..

Posted: May 10, 2006 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know how you feel because my FH is very hard to buy for.  Of all the gifts I bought him, the one he liked most was the remote started for his truck.  I took the truck about a week before Christmas and had it installed.  I never told him it was on there, then on Christmas I gave him the remote. 

He still didn't realize it was already installed (he thought it was just the kit and he would still have to pay someone to put it on), so he was just playing around with the buttons on the remote, then he heard the truck start up.  He was so happy, and so surprised.

Another idea is jewelry (if you FH wears any).  I will probably buy my husband  a diamond earring for Christmas this year.

Posted: May 11, 2006 9:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hmm, I would go with planning a fishing trip with his buddies? Or a golf outing ? Is he into sports? Tickets for a Game of his fav team?

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

For my FH's last birthday I surprised him with a spur of the moment weekend getaway to Chicago.  Like, I called him and told him we were leaving in two hours.  We ate out and explored the city.

Another thing I like to do, because I like to write, is to write and illustrate a story book about me and the person...I incorporate a lot of inside jokes and humor.  I generally use a scrapbook or something.

Posted: May 11, 2006 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: BB84

He's been eyeing this robe for a while--but they never have it in a size that fits him--he's too tall.  I just found it online, so I'm psyched.  I got him one of these in chocolate brown:  http://www.kashwere.com/robes.html 

I always make him a cake and take him out to a nice dinner--but I really wanted to get him something nice too.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. 

Posted: May 11, 2006 12:18 PM Go to message in response to: BB84

It is Impossible! Fh's Birthday is on the 20th, we are also having a shower that day ( at his insitance) and he is being really hard to shop for. Not to mention that i am broke what with EVERYTHING being due in the next few weeks. My Original plan was to 'secretly' get his favorite ring sized up and he found out about it, not only that but when i took it in he already had the service free on it! so there went that idea! Now Im thinking a gift card to the Mall to buy some new swimsuits for the Honeymoon, and take him out to dinner that night and follow it with an icecream cake and a nice an cozy night all snuggled up. They rest of his present he'll get on the honeymoon!

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: May 11, 2006 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awesome, that looks like a very nice robe.  I know how hard it is to shop for my FH sometimes......I'm sure I'll be using some of the great suggestions from this thread.  Thanks everyone! 

Posted: May 11, 2006 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: BB84

My FH is a electronic nerd too.  Also, he would want to pick out his own gadgets.  That's part of the enjoyment.  

My suggestion would be to try magazine subscriptions.  My FH gets ComputerWorld, PCMagazine, and Consumer Reports.  He loves scouring the pages for the reviews of the latest tech toys. 

Also, thinkgeek.com is a great website full of fun t-shirts, desk toys, and other gadget accessories. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine