Age difference between you and FH????

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 62
Age difference between you and FH????
Posted: May 4, 2006 12:35 PM

My FH is 10 years older than me. I am 23, and he is 33. It really does seem like a huge gap to some. I am young and have 3 kids, but I have dated other guys my age (not to mention the father of my 2 other kids) and they are usually:

1) Not mature enough. Still into partying, I am not (anymore) b/c I have 2 kids already.

2) Don't have goals set for them.

3) Not ready for a family.

4) Play games, havent experienced a long relationship to work out bad habits.

I know not all men are like that of course, But with my experience and where I grew up, most of the guys my age were like that. I chose to date a man older because he usually, well hopefully, has a life plan, education, and is mature. Although there are still those in their 50's and havent grown up yet! I am curious what the age difference is between you and FH if there is one.

Re: Age difference between you and FH????
Posted: May 4, 2006 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There is a 2 year and 3 month difference between us. I'm 21 and he's 23. I like when it's in the months that it appears for us to be 3 years apart bc I get to make fun of him telling him he'll get the senior discount before me and I'll still be in my "youth". He said his mom does the same thing to his dad and my mom does it to my dad but they're 17 years apart, she still has awhile before she gets the discount!

Posted: May 4, 2006 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am 29 and my fh is 33.  Not too much of a difference.

buddysbethy Posts : 196 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH is 30 for 1 more month, me 34. First marriage for both of us. His birthday June, wedding July 7, my bday Aug. We'll just have a very fun summer.

Posted: May 4, 2006 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I joke with my FH like that too! I tell him "be careful, I might trade you in for a younger one some day", and he says, "hey, I might trade you in for a younger one someday too!!" He has a good point

Posted: May 4, 2006 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oddly enough, there is one year and 13 days between us in age. Usually I have dated men who were a bit older (no more than 7 years), for the some of the same reasons listed ablove, MATURITY being the biggest reason.

4amwhispers Posts : 6 Registered: 4/26/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I are exactly 1.5 years apart to the day. Were both really young to be getting married, though. (I'm only 17, He's 18, and will be 19 when we get married.)

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH is 14 months older than me.  He is 24 and I am 23.  It's true, men mature later than women, but honestly our closeness in age works well for us.  I'm not ready to have kids yet--my biological clock just isn't ticking at the moment--but I am ready to be a "young couple" for awhile before we start a family.  We are still both in school (he is in medical school and I'm in graduate school) so we may not be the most mature 23 and 24 year olds around, but I think we're doing okay.  Not to mention that we're mostly financially independent because I get paid to be a research assistant and he is borrowing money for medical school, so we are a good bit more grown up than we were two years ago.  In college I always thought that FH was one of the more mature guys our age...my ex-boyfriend was always sitting around playing video games while FH was at the hospital watching heart surgery.  But at the same time, FH and I have a lot of fun together.  We still like to party on occasion (but not too hard), go hiking, go to concerts, and watch television.  I think we're a perfect match!

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: 4amwhispers

4amwhispers - My husband and I are 1.7 months apart. I was 18 he was 20. We have been married 22.7 years. Best wishes!

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

6 years and 9.5 months. i'm 22, he'll be 29, soon after we wed.

Emily and Jon

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

He is 2 1/2 years younger than I.

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

4amwhispers, I dont feel you are too young, As long as you both are happy and mature, who cares about how old or young you are and heck, I was pregnant at 17!! At least youre getting married first!! 

Bridesmom- Congrats! You have been married as long as I've been alive!! That is great to hear that people have been maried for such a long time, those statistics really worry me sometimes.

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just four years, (I'm 24 he's 28) but, I still call him old man and say things like when he was 10 I was only 6, and say that's a bit pervy really (like in Bridget Jones' Diary).

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Travis is about 6 weeks younger than me

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

STBMrsSantiago - Thanks! and thanks for making me feel old!   I like to throw my stats around every once in awhile on this board. With the rate of divorce these days people need to hear about the great marriages too!

My husband is one of those men who will never grow up. He is still a kid at heart but that's fine with me! He doesn't play video games (thank goodness) but he loves playing guitar with my son's band and riding dirt bikes through the fields. Sometimes it's hard to tell which boy's more mature, my 42 year old or my 16 year old.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine