Im very surprised many havent done albums.

Online Users: 1,356 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 20
Im very surprised many havent done albums.
Posted: May 3, 2006 9:19 AM

When the boards first merged, alot of us were saying how much we liked to be able to do ceratin things. Now we are able to have our own little profile with our pictures and wedding info. I think its great, but unfortunately not many have done it. I am always looking at peoples profiles to get an idea of what the person looks like that I am talking to because its nice to put a pic to a face. I also like to see what they are doing for their wedding to get some ides. I think it makes it eaier to display our wedding info too!. There are also other helpful tools in there like a guest list organizer and other little things to help. You should check it out!!   Anyway, I know its not a very important subject, but just thought id mention it. Also, if you need help creating your profile, Ill be glad to help!.

BTW I just realized yesterday that we were able to do albums and other stuff and I have been here since the boards merged

Message was edited by STBMrsSantiago on May 3, 2006 9:25 AM

Re: Im very surprised many havent done albums.
Posted: May 3, 2006 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would, but can't figure out how it is done.  How do you do an album?

Megan

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 3, 2006 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would, but isn't anyone else nervous about people you know seeing all the stuff you're saying? I prefer to remain anonymous, and sometimes I'm surprised by how many people put pics up of themselves and then complain about their inlaws or bridal party. I would just worry that they would see. Oh well, to each their own.

Posted: May 3, 2006 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok, you know where it says "hello megankay4" at the top left of the screen tahts highlited in orange, right next to it is a button that says 'edit profile'. Click it

Then at the top right corner of your profile is are 3 little links that say images, bookmarks, and vendors click on 'images'.

Then when youre in images, on the left side of the screen is a button that says 'create an album'. Click that.

Once you click that, it will walk you through the rest of the steps to browse your pics and put them on your 'album'

Oh and when you type in the name of your title, make sure you check the box that says' my community profile', (Only if you want others to see... no nude pics)

Message was edited by STBMrsSantiago on May 3, 2006 12:08 PM

Posted: May 3, 2006 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

romanticgirl, great point. Thats exactly why I never talk about my friends or family. With my luck, someone I know would be reading it!

Posted: May 3, 2006 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I updated mine.  I didn't know where to update everything so thanks for the "instructions."

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 4, 2006 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't talk about my friends and family either b/c I'm blessed to have nothing but smooth sailing, but for me personally, I must admit I also just feel creeped out that some wierdo might find it fun to stalk me or something. but i'm paranoid like that. you never know how many of these "brides" are 60 year old men

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Every time I messed with uploading pictures, it would freeze. I just gave up.

Posted: May 4, 2006 6:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Deelightful, I see pics of hairstyles you loaded. Which one do you want? I liked the long flowy curls. Sometimes it would freeze for me too, but thats if I would try to upload an image in the 'community profile' area.(the place that only has one 'browse' button to put your pic. in.) . You have to do it either in the "create an album" tab, or put more pics in an existing album. For, me thats the only way it worked.

Posted: May 4, 2006 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I understand your concerns RomanticGirl - it is a bit creepy.

I think if you just keep your personal information private and if you don't want to post personal pictures you can post pictures of your "stuff". I myself found this neat website callled http://www21.rockyou.com/ where you can uplaod photos and they'll make a slide show that you can put in your "about my wedding" section. If you have a photobucket account it's quicker and faster. I have an example in mine so you can see it.

I agree with you STBMrsSantiago - I like putting faces with the names.

Nicki

Posted: May 4, 2006 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey Nickig. Great site (Rockyou) I checked it out and did a slide show of my kids. I was able to email it to my mom and myself, however I couldnt figure out how to get a code from Rockyou, so that I could paste it in my "about my wedding" section. Can you help me with that?

Posted: May 4, 2006 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sure can! Go back to the RockYou website - you may have to sign in - then click on the green button (Publish - get code) - You have an option to click on a number of different types of codes but I used MySpace - Then you click the "click this" button (which copies it to your clipboard) - Then you paste in your "about my wedding" box on your profile.

Let me know if that helps!

Nicki

Posted: May 4, 2006 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I updated mine last night STBMrsSantiago! Hope you ladies like it.

Posted: May 4, 2006 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

YAY!! Thank you. It did help and I fixed it. And Yes Spanish bride I like yours and your dress is awesome too!!

Posted: May 4, 2006 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

STBMrsSantiago, I read your profile have you stayed at the westin rio mar before? i love this place!!!! Fh and i last went to PR a year ago and we LOVED it, except for the fact the bartenders were putting double shots of bacardi 151 into FH's pinacolodas unbeknowst to him. he got hammered after like 2 because he figured they were the watered down versions, and proceeded to fall down the water slide of the pool. since he wasnt hurt, i have to say, the whole thing was HILARIOUS!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine