Do you know anyone on here?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Do you know anyone on here?
Posted: May 1, 2006 11:02 AM

I was wondering if anyone on here are moms and daughters, or a bride and her bridesmaid(s) or sisters, etc..

Also, has anyone made any friends that they have personally talked to like on a phone or in person. I think it is nice for all of us to give eachother advice on things, but would you want to meet them in person? We have some pretty intense and personal conversations and I wonder if you would still talk about the same types of issues if you were in person and face-to-face.

So, do you know anyone on here, if not who would you like to personally know or meet? (If any)

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Do you know anyone on here?
Posted: May 1, 2006 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

As far as I know there is no one on here that I know personally. I asked my daughter and she posts on another board that is not just a wedding board.

Just within the last week I have started emailing with one of the other posters on here. We have found that we have a lot in common. Maybe someday we will meet face to face.

Posted: May 1, 2006 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Nope. For me it's just something interesting to do to kill time when I'm bored at work. I've found it answers a lot of my questions without having to bug my family!! But I don't know anyone here on a personal level.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 1, 2006 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: lori83

I have been emailing with BridesMom and we do have a LOT in common.  :)  I HAD to email with her since I was afraid she might be my mom and I didn't know it!  Turns out she wasn't.  Phew! 

Not that I don't love my mom (she is my MOH just like BridesMom is her daughter's MOH) but I do need a mom-free zone to vent.  LOL

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: May 1, 2006 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

I have made friends with a lot of the ladies on here but it goes no further than the boards. I have e-mailed on of the other brides but it was because her abd her FH offered to do my wedding pictures for us next year because the family member we had thought was going to do them backed out on us.

She of course is coming to our wedding so maybe we can become friends. Who knows I'll leave that up to her as to if she wants to leave it work related or wants to become friends with FH and I.

Posted: May 1, 2006 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My "best friend" used to post on the MB boards. Only, I didn't know she was on there and she didn't know about me either.. The only reason I found out was because she replied to a post and I saw her screenname. I then began to read some of the comments she made on the threads. It shocked me to find that all she was doing was bashing me and FH's family. What a B&*ch! Needless to say, we are no longer friends.

Posted: May 1, 2006 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG! What a horrible way to bump in to your so called Best friend. Well, at least you found out before she had a chance to be involved in your wedding! Thank you Boards!!

Posted: May 1, 2006 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

AMEN!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine