NWR How much does a gallon cost you now?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

buddysbethy Posts : 196 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: NWR How much does a gallon cost you now?
Posted: May 1, 2006 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

in Boise $2.77 and my girlfriend on the Big Island of Hawaii (whom i spoke w/yesterday) sys knocking on the door of $4.00 they should be there this week. My dad's a farmer so diesel prices really suck now.....

Posted: May 1, 2006 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's about $2.90 here in Greenville, SC.

Posted: May 1, 2006 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's about 2.79 here in Iowa.

Posted: May 1, 2006 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am in Grand Rapids MI currently. The closest gas station to me is at 2.86 right now and the one a mile further is at 2.84 a gallon.  However, over by my hometown (Flint/Lansing Area) it ranges from 2.77-3.09 a gallon.

Posted: May 1, 2006 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Michbride-

Thats great if they would give out $100 gas cards! It costs me $65 to fill up my tank (expedition). I guess it doesnt matter for me here in PR anyways since the Governor closed down all the Government facilities (The 2 political parties cant come to an agreement regarding a Gov. budget, so they had to close all the agencies down until they come to an agreement!! BIG mess!!)

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: May 1, 2006 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Northern Wisconsin $2.89 for regular.   Filled up my Silverado truck today, $66. 

The way the gas stations in our town jack the prices up every other day, I hope I filled up at the right time! 

So what would $100 really solve?  Nothing.  Gee, I could fill up my truck ONCE and have $34 left over.  They, whoever "they" are, need to go after the oil manufacturer's who are getting record profits this year. 

Posted: May 1, 2006 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

One part of the government was suggesting that the administration tax the oil manufactures/suppliers to try and relieve prices but Bush said no.

Well Gee Whiz, he owns an oil field in TX or more, so if he taxes the oil manufacturers/suppliers he would have to tax himself and his daddy etc etc and why would he want to do that!

Posted: May 1, 2006 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I HATE POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 1, 2006 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Its $2.86/gal here.

I dont think THIS is the board to place blame on who is responsible for the gas hike or why.  Its asking for a HUGE fight.

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: May 1, 2006 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You're right Mrs Holley, but sometimes one needs a break from the hum-drum and talk about something else.  Puts things into perspective about things we can't change.

Posted: May 1, 2006 3:39 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

While I agree with you, talking about gas prices is one thing, blaming the President and getting into "all of that" is another, and its not smart move for a brides forum.  Just my opinion.  :)

Posted: May 1, 2006 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

All I have to say is it needs to be fixed NOW. And in a big way - none of this reducing prices by 10 cents crap (i.e. what nixing the environmental standards will do). It needs to be no higher than $2. I wish I could boycott gas, but then I'd have no job and then I'd really have no money :)

-

By the way... did you all hear about Exxon Mobil's retiring exec getting a 400 MILLION dollar retirement package? I think maybe instead of planning weddings we should be trying to figure out how to get employed in the oil business :)

Posted: May 1, 2006 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We paid $3.35/gallon yesterday in West Hollywood.  This is just getting ridiculous.  Until we do something about it, gas is a necessity for our country.  We wouldn't let someone retire from a public utility with a $400,000,000 package--why a gas exec?  I am totally irritated.  And that $100 check will be about as useful as when the government sent $300 checks to everyone a few years ago.  I would much rather have had interest rates, oil prices, taxes and the deficit stay the same and let them keep my measly $300.    Just my two cents. 

Posted: May 1, 2006 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: buddysbethy

It's about $6-7 a gallon in Germany but gas is taxed to pay for things like pensions and other social/government services so it doesn't hurt so much.   At least you know the money is going towards something.  

Posted: May 1, 2006 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm in Hamilton Ontario Canada - our gas is priced by the liter....on the weekend it was around $1.08 which is over $4.00 for a US Gallon!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine