2009 Brides Power! Hahaha

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
2009 Brides Power! Hahaha
Posted: Apr 27, 2006 6:18 PM

This goes out to all the 2009 brides...I know you're out there! This is in response to AlyxisPaige- Well, a lot of people don't know how long we're waiting...not to writie a huge story, but...FH and I are 19 right now, and have been dating almost 3 years. Since we're still in college, we're waiting until he graduates. I'm actually graduating early, so I'll have a year and a half to get a job before he's done, so we'll have plenty of money... :P  So yeah, we're not officially engaged yet, but we know it's happening, it's just a matter of saving money for my ring! (I told him that if I'm going to be engaged for 3 years, I'd rather have the ring I want instead of settling for a cheaper one just to be engaged)...but anyway, my mother thinks we should move the date up, but I told her that if she'll pay for it...go to town! Hahaha. I actually have a friend whose fiance is the same age as mine, and they're getting married this summer, and they'll still be in college for another 2-3 years a piece...they're going to be living in a trailer, so that inspired me to wait!

Re: 2009 Brides Power! Hahaha
Posted: Apr 27, 2006 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Good for you for saving your money and waiting, you are still young.  Just don't knock the trailers til you try one.  My FH bought one for college bc its a regional campus to Ohio State and they didn't have dorms (only apts that were unGodly priced).  He loves having his own home and we will have a nice chunk of change when he sells it 2 months before our wedding.

AlyxisPaige Posts : 189 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Apr 27, 2006 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

OMG We are so alike I am also 19 and my FH is 20 I'm turning 20 in a month and mh FH will be 21 in August That's another reason why we are waiting 3 years! We both are still in college but my FH will be graduation before me since I am also going to Medical School (pray for me that I'll get in). I did the same thing too !!!! My FH will let me pick out my own ring. He said when we have enough money---he won't mind if I'kk pick a 2 karat...heeheehee. We are also paying for our own wedding too--that's why we're waiting so long! His mom also wants us to move the date up and everyone also tell us to but I am sticking with the 2009 plan!

What's your date anyway ???

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 11:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just be very careful with the trailer tho. It loose its value real fast and is very hard to sell. my FH and I looked into it and our friend actually did it --- it's been 6 months since the first date they put "for sale" sign and they still have it on sale.

Message was edited by AlyxisPaige on Apr 27, 2006 11:11 PM

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 6:59 AM Go to message in response to: AlyxisPaige

Maybe it depends on the area then bc his is in an old folks  community sort of deal and he just spoke with his realtor the other day and he seems to think he can get a least what he paid for it, 4 years ago.

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Apr 28, 2006 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah, so our date, tentatively of course, is Sept. 26th...the sixth anniversary of our first date (haha). My FH is actually a year behind me, but my birthday is in June, and his November, so we're only 5 months apart, though it looks like a year. I think it really sucks that we have to wait so long, and he and I keep telling ourself that if it wasn't for health insurance and financial aid, we would definitely get married tomorrow...lol. Oh, and ps, the ring I picked out is 1.15 carats...a lot more than I'd ever thought I'd get! :) (Don't let that fool you, I'm not as materialistic as I sound)...Do you guys go to the same school?

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

Yes. We went to the same school .... as the matter of fact I dump a dootchbag for him, which that was the best decision I've ever made in my life (my ex always put me down, talk bad, thinking he's better than everyone, etc...)

I was in the cafetaria on the sickiest day of the year, rainny and I was having a fever. I for some reason decided that Ramen Noodle is not for me that afternoon so I went out and he walked up to me acting all shy and everything. I said Hi and I complimented his hair, he did the same. Then I left. He walked past my table which me and my girl friend from a class was sitting together (she and I happened to run in each other right in front of the food court) and he was like "Hey...aren't you living in the same dorm as I? Oh hey... (to me) what's up I'm Alex! What's your name ... blah blah blah"

We said the same thing .... if it wasn't because of my parents (my culture (Thai) is very old-fashion and I'm not suppose to be married until I'm done with school or at least be 22 or older) he and I would have been married together months ago!

I havn't pick out my REAL ring yet tho. We went and pick the "promise" ring out couple months ago because I wanted a "set" so I don't have to find a band later and I havn't yet found "the one".

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine