uhh dating?

Online Users: 1,269 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 19

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: uhh dating?
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 2:06 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

Hey katie I posted on your other thread but I'm truely sorry. Heart goes out to you. Now that said I think you should take some time for yourself. You have been in a seriuos relationship for such a long time, use this time to find yourself. Get to know who you are inside and then start looking.

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

I agree with those who are saying give yourself time.  Not only that, but I'd say give yourself real quality time.  "Date" yourself.  Take yourself out for some inspiring adventure (I used to take myself to the Art Museum or to the hills for some hiking), cook for yourself like you would for someone you love and set the table as you would for them...love yourself "good"!  Sign up for a capoeira class (Brazilian martial art/dance/music)...my son takes it and he LOVES it!  Any kind of martial arts are so good for you.  Not that you're in the market for a man right now, but to prepare for the day you are, make a list of the interests and hobbies a man that you would be attracted to would probably have...hiking, kayaking, writing, musical abilities and tastes...and then check your local newspaper or school for clubs, classes and groups that offer these things.  Do and be the things you admire in others, and you will find them (him) that way.  Have fun with life and learn who you are, and you will know exactly who you're looking for.  That's the only person you want to be settling down with, after all. 

Posted: May 8, 2006 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would DEFINITELY listen to this.  As with MichBride, I could have avoided 5 years of stress with my family had I not been so bull-headed!  Things will work out for you.  They always seem to find a way.  Just be thankful that you didn't end up in a much worse situation.  You're young and you'll have plenty of more time to have fun!  Best of luck to you!

Posted: May 8, 2006 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm with the wait some time before dating crowd.  You have been in a LONG relationship at a very young age and its easy to be afraid of being alone, but one of the great things about being single is you really get to figure out who YOU are.  Give yourself some time to branch out and become your own woman, rebuild and shore up your friendships-really you can have the time of your life.

As far as dating site, after some time, I've heard good things about eHarmony, but have no personal experience.

Posted: May 8, 2006 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

katie-I'll echo what the other posters have said about taking time to "date" yourself and taking time to heal.  When you feel like heading back into the dating pool I recommend www.ivillage.com It skews a bit toward older women, but a lot of them are in the same situation as you--coming off a long-term, committed relationship and starting to date again after a long time of not dating.  The site has a good message board, lots of good advice, and great features like the Worst Date column.  Good luck!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine