Beach Wedding Favors??

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19
Beach Wedding Favors??
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 1:58 PM

What types of favors are appropriate for a Mexican Beach wedding?  I am looking for something inexpensive!!  It will be very hot, so I have thought about labeled water bottles and fans.  Any other ideas??

Thanks, Tina

SunshineDaydream Posts : 484 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: Beach Wedding Favors??
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm also getting married in Mexico.  I'm planning on having bags in each of the guests' rooms.  I'm going to put chapstick, suntan lotion, aloe, water, magazines (to read on the beach), Tylenol, and anything else that I can think of that will be useful to our guests.  I'm also making fans for the programs so people can fan themselves during the ceremony.  They're really easy and cheap to make.  We're having about 50 guests, so the bags are going to add up, but I've started slowly purchasing the items over the past few months.  By the time our wedding rolls around I should have everything already bought and since I'm buying it slowly it won;t even seem like I spent as much as I did.

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also getting married in Mexico! I am not sure what time of the year you are getting married,  but I have found the palm tree place card holders that I am going to have made into Christmas Ornaments.  They are very inexpensive and there are so many places that you can find them.  I will have them wrapped in little palm leaf boxes and tied with a ribbon that says Mexico 2006.  I am also doing personalized beach towels for when the guests arrive and I found them on www.towels4less.com and they end up costing approx $9 a piece after they are embroidered.

Good Luck

MaunaLaniBride Posts : 631 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Apr 23, 2006 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're having a beach wedding in Hawaii and doing both fans and a couple baskets of flip flops available for guests.  We're also having iced-lemon water passed prior to the ceremony.  Oh, and we're also doing the OOT bags fille with local candy, snacks, water, stamped postcards (one addressed to us!), suntan lotion, etc.

Check out the Destination Weddings bios on The Knot to see what other Mexico brides have done (just search by location):  http://www.gnyc.net/dw/

I'm such a broken record about The Knot but it's been so helpful to me that I want to pass it on :)

ashesmarie Posts : 12 Registered: 5/21/06
Posted: May 21, 2006 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: SunshineDaydream

I was just wondering how you made the fans for your guests or where you got the info and idea about it! Thanks!

Best wishes!

AshleyLaughing

SunshineDaydream Posts : 484 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: May 22, 2006 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: ashesmarie

You can get the cardstock and handles at any craft store.  Print out hte info on the 2 pieces of cardstock and then glue them together around the stick.

Posted: May 25, 2006 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Tina,

I don't know if this helps but as welcome gifts, we purchased welcome cards, scented candles for the room and foam drink cozies (keep the drinks nice and cold) for all of our 30 guests.  These are very inexpensive and will be much appreciated in the Mexican heat!  They are very cute - bright colours/tropical designs! 

We also got fans for the ceremony/reception made out of sandalwood to place on guests seats.  We found them in the China town shops nearby - great investment.

For the actual gift for guests for the wedding - to avoid lugging a ton of small knickknacks - we decided to donate on behalf of our guests to the Easter Seals foundation. You can really pick any non-profit organization you wish.  We managed to find beautiful rice paper cards that match our colours and placed them in tiny clear fabric bags filled with small seashells and included a message about our gift i.e. "Thank you for celebrating our special day.  In lieu of a bombanneire, and in appreciation for your love and support, we have donated to the Easter Seals foundation on your behalf..."  Your guests will be impressed and the foundation you choose will be so grateful!

Let me know if I can offer any other suggestions as I've done ample research over the last few months!

Cat :)

IslandBride2b Posts : 15 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 26, 2006 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think the fans are really nice. You can make them or buy them online. If you're trying to save money, then I don't think the welcome bags are necessary. It's cute if you could afford it but your guests will already have things like sunblock & chapstick.

For our wedding in the Bahamas, we gave out these small glass jars filled with sand & seashells & we put clear labels with our names & the wedding date on them http://www.onlyweddingfavors.com/beach-in-a-bottle-keepsake-favor-p-45.html Message was edited by IslandBride2b on May 26, 2006 11:44 AM

Message was edited by IslandBride2b on May 26, 2006 11:44 AM

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im getting married in Mexico also.  So far i bought cool little lip balms, flip flops, fans and im putting them in a drawstring backpack for each guest. I thought the drawstring backpacks were great.  They can take on their excursions. Plus they were really inexpense. 

MaunaLaniBride Posts : 631 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey Mini - be sure to look when the original post was created before responding.  This post originated almost two years ago :)

Knot planning bio:  http://tinyurl.com/2od5dr

Knot married bio: http://tinyurl.com/2zatxp

communist Posts : 26 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 5:57 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello,

I know that thread is quite old but it could help others. items like sunscreen lotion, sun glasses, umbrella and hand fan could be better favor ideas.

Regards,
sarah_9

Beach Weddings

DericC Posts : 1 Registered: 9/9/09
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have been looking for beach wedding favors online for my own wedding and have found some good ones that are not to expensive. Make sure that you look around so you dont get ripped off.

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm so excited to hear that an out-of-towner bag is a consistent theme for beach wedding favors. I am planning on doing the same and am looking for cheap ways to do it. My intent is to provide a canvas bag (hopefully either orange or red or a combination of both) with the following contents: a welcome letter, a detailed schedule, important contact numbers, a map of the local area, local transportation information, an entertainment guide for the area, thematic snacks, flip-flops, sunscreen, bug repellant, a disposable camera and possibly some bus tokens.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where to buy these things in bulk (especially the bags, sunscreen, and bug repellant) I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked on eBay but seem to only find the cheap grocery-store thin quality bags and I just think those are too cheap and will fall apart if I try to put all that stuff in there. Also, any suggestions on additional or more appropriate items?

Thanks!!
Confidence is intoxicating!

JanetMichelle2010 Posts : 16 Registered: 6/7/09
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Mini,

Where did you get your drawstring bags?

Thanks!
Confidence is intoxicating!

DaisySibyl Posts : 19 Registered: 2/8/12
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 2:59 AM Go to message in response to: JanetMichelle2010

I'm sorry for the very late reply, but I am curious about it as well.
wedding hair flowers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine