Tarot card reading

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 51
Tarot card reading
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 11:07 AM

I have an issue in my life right now. But before I post anything about it. I would really like to speak with the ladies in here who ONLY strongly believe in tarot card readings. So, are there any of you out there???

Re: Tarot card reading
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ha Ha Ha, so the rest of us aren't worthy? interesting...

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sweetie, if you're upset about something you were told in a tarot card reading, don't be.  Those things aren't real.  They're just for fun, like a Ouija board or horoscopes.  Don't let it cause an issue in your life.  If the reader told you something that upset you, she probably did it so you'd be all worried and keep going back to her and paying more money for more readings.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think she wants to talk to someone who believes in them because SHE thinks they're real, even though we all know they're just bullsh*t, and a big scam.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree - if you paid for the reading.  What is the context?  Did you do the reading, did a friend?  How long have they been doing this?

I don't put value in readings you have to pay for, but tarot readings can be a valuable tool.  I won't go so far as to say they predict the future, but they can be a useful tool in guiding your thoughts and discovering what's in your psyche.  They often make you articulate things you knew but had been trying to deny.

So again, what is the context of this reading?

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh well. Nevermind. I should've known better than to think I could've actually been able to talk to someone here about this sort of thing. But that's why I had written that I really only wanted to speak to people who acutally did believe in this sort thing. By the way, my closest Aunt is the one that does this for me and has done so for years. Plus, she has never steared me wrong. (But I don't expect you to understand or believe me) And as for you, jenimoehle just because YOU don't believe or trust in something, DOESN'T make it bullshit.

Thanks anyway, Kaliope.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've done tarot for years - I don't use the Rider White deck though.  If you have anything thing you want to bounce of me, feel free....no judgment here.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow--I was pretty surprised by the intolerance in some of these replies.  I don't know anything about tarot, so I was interested in reading this post. 

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think anyone was trying to be intolerant, although I think Jenni was a little insulted by the language on who was permitted and who was not permitted to reply.  I, for one, was just trying to help by telling her not to get upset over a silly superstition.  Tarot is just a card game by which people pretend to predict the future.  It's like a fortune in a fortune cookie.  If someone looks at a tarot card and says "You're gong to die in 4 days," or "Your fiance is going to leave you at the altar," the odds are pretty good that it's not going to happen, although anything can happen.  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, after all.

To the OP, I wouldn't let it upset you or let it affect your happiness with your wedding.  Just ignore it.  No one can really predict the future.  When I was little, some of my friends played at the Ouiga board and got all upset because it told them that one of them was going to die.  Of course, none of them died, because it's just superstition.  Don't let it upset you and enjoy your wedding! 

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have to respectfully disagree.  Tarot is not a game; nor are any other forms of divination.  They are not ways to predict the future as people unfamiliar with the technique may think.

Reading tarot takes time to learn - it's not memorizing the cards, lining them up with a set interpretation and telling someone they are going to die.  It requires strict mediation and an ability to understand and use the enegy in the world around you...theres more to it than a movie-depiction gypsy ripping people off.

However, just because something doesn't fit within a person's particular world view doesn't mean it doesn't have value.  People  can chose to believe what you will but no one should devalue someone else's belief system.

No disrespect, but using mediation with cards for guidance is no less ridiculous on paper than believing you eat the flesh and drink the blood of some 2000 year dead carpenter and thinking it grants you ever lasting life.

The reasons the OP asked only for people who believed in tarot to respond is b/c she didn't want to have to what I am now. 

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

SpanishBride - please don't let what some of the others have said discourage you from sharing here.

I have been talked to like I was stupid for asking a silly wedding question. When you come on a board you have to expect some people to not agree with what you have said or how you have said it. Personally I just try to ignore the ones with the nasty attitude.

We all come from different backgrounds with different beliefs not everyone can except beliefs that are different from theirs

I don't have a lot of dealings with tarot cards but do find the whole thing very fascinating. 

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I won't judge either.  I believe more in that tarot cards can be used to guide you. (but not neccesarily set in stone).  So feel free to bounce ideas off of me too.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

As for the Ouija Board. It was correct as everyone does eventually die.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:14 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

True, BridesMom. 

I'm not trying to start a huge fight here.  I'm just trying to give the same advice my mom would give me if I told her I was upset about my wedding because of something a fortune teller told me.  I just want to comfort her so she doesn't get herself all worked up over nothing.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also don't want to start a fight but I think if people don't have something costructive to say they should not post. Maybe that is the advice that your mom would give but to this women it is not the correct advice. She has obviously been doing this for some time. You came on and told her they aren't real and are just for fun. You also said that you were just trying to help by telling her it was a silly superstition. Obviously she believes so how is telling her that going to help.

I believe the bible is a silly fairytale but if someone comes on here and says something about needing help and it has something to do with the bible I just would not post. I would certainly not say that it is all just silly and ignore it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine