Tarot card reading

Online Users: 1,229 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 51
Re: Tarot card reading
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Spanishbride-

I've just had a chance to read through the whole forum and I feel like there is something I should mention. I notice from what you have posted that your Tia seemed to see the love between you and your FH, just not the marriage. While I don't know enough about you or your FH to even make a guess, have you examined whether or not this is what you see as well?

It is one of life's most difficult truths that sometimes there can be great love between two people but that they are not destined or designed to spend a life together as husband and wife. Perhaps that feeling is what the cards are indicating... and the only answer to such a question is within you.

I cannot help but feel that perhaps this IS what you are feeling - that the love is there but perhaps not the bond required for a marriage. The other man may be only a catalyst, causing you to look within your own heart to see what it true. He may or may not be the love of your life but he may represent the possibility of other choices.

As you are on your journey to marriage, there will be many opportunities for soul-searching and exploring your own feelings. I hope that you will continue to look toward any source you find helpful to examine your own heart.

Best of luck to you - and thank you for staying to post here!

Jennifer

Edited for spelling, as my posts usually are!

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you! I've actually wondered the exact same thing. I think that's why I don't get too sad. (I know, sounds awful doesn't it?) I do love him, he's my best friend. I've known him for almost 10 years now. The movie, The Sweetest Thing, comes to mind. "I do love you, I'm just not in love with you"..... "We're not getting married!!!"  ugh..that's horrible. hehe.. thank you girl.

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Apr 20, 2006 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This Thread is really awful...

I love Tarot cards, I just got mine done a couple weeks ago.

I belive it and its fun.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 21, 2006 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

I personally was very interested to read this thread. I was shocked to see the level of insensitivity towards spanishbride.  I've come across more and more posts lately like this and it's really irritating.  We are all adults here, and we don't have to read, believe, or do anything that we don't want to.  Spanishbride clearly stated in her opening message that this was for people who believe in that sort of thing.  Insulting her beliefs in tarot, are really no different than going out and insulting someones religion.  I should hope that nobody would do that.  We need to stop being such snobs on this board, it's ridiculous!! If you don't believe in something, THEN DON"T READ IT!!!  Don't insult the person, or tell her it's not real, or try to persuade her not to believe it.. It is what she believes in, and you wouldn't like it if you were catholic for example and someone tried to persuade you not to be simply because they thought the beliefs of the catholics were ridiculous and not real.  Let this woman tell her story, and speak about whatever she wants. If you don't like it don't read it. 

Spanishbride I hope that certain people on here haven't discouraged you to be open about your beliefs to those of us who are curious about them, or believe in the same things. 

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

spanishbride....i can understand how the readings can make you look a little more into certain situations.  i used to read tarot cards and have had them read many times by friends.  one of my friends read my tarot cards when i was in college and she told me stuff about the people i would date and even told me that there was a number that stood out to her (6 years, 4 months) but she wasnt positive what the number meant.  she though it would have to do with the person i marry.  she also said that the person i will marry will not be from around where i was from and she thought he would be dark (at the time i thought that meant italian or soemthing).

well, i am now marrying a guy who is from trinidad, and he is black (so he was not from where i was from and is dark).  a while ago i thought of the reading and realized that my FH and i met 6 years and 4 months after she did the reading.  i was totally freaked out. 

so i definately believe, that when done by people who know what they are doing, that tarot can predict or guide the future.  i think there are many people who do tarot and dont know anything, and rely on guessing or being general, but there are genuine readers who give such specific readings that it's hard to say that it's guessing.  the friend that read mine never would have guessed that i could have ended up with a black guy.  i was from a predominately white area, had never dated a black guy and had no black friends at the time.  it's also hard to just pass over the six year, four month thing.

as far as what you should do....even though tarot can help to predict, i wouldnt base your decision solely on the tarot....although it may very well be correct.  do some soul searching and see if it is really what you want.  if you are positive that he is the guy for you, then i encourage the distancing of the other guy.  if you arent sure, i wouldnt push him away.  hanging out with him may help you realize your truth, whether it be that you leave your current guy or it might help you to decide he really is the one.  just dont cheat on your guy.

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm so glad you replied to my poster. Thank you for your wonderful story and advice. And don't worry, I don't care how confused I am right now, I respect him too much to allow myself to cheat on him. My friend and I have always hung out together, since day one and I've NEVER let myself or him do anything else. I definately have to do some soul searching though. Thank you! You really have no idea what it means to me.

Posted: Apr 22, 2006 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

your welcome.  i definately give you respect for seriously considering what the tarot could be telling you, and putting some real thought into your relationship before getting married.  i also give you respect for not cheating on him, even though you have a connection with this other guy.  take some time and really explore your heart and be honest with yourself.  keep us posted and know that one way or another, everything will work out the way it is supposed to be.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine