Tarot card reading

Online Users: 1,250 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 51
Re: Tarot card reading
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'd bet my last dollars that the issue is not as simple as "she and her FH are going to die."  And, I feel certain we'll never know what it was, now. 

Message was edited by michelle9118 on Apr 19, 2006 4:50 PM

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

do you have an emotional connection to this someone else?

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi spanishbride, Im glad you didnt get discouraged by others on this board.
now, Im not sure if this is how you would infer it, but i always think "if it is meant to be it will be"
You love your FH, you think he is the one for you right? so go with that. Dont psych yourself out, or else it will strain your relationship. Give this relationship a fair chance, and see where it ends up. Leave it up to fate. If it is meant tobe....(or if your Tia is correct that will ALSO happen on its own, right?)

(not sure If im expressing myself quite how i would want to, but my mind is off today!)

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

See, this is exactly what I mean!  Please don't let a card game make you doubt your feelings for the man you love.  My advice is to examine YOUR heart.  Don't worry what tarot cards, a Magic 8 Ball or a crystal ball says.  If you have no reason in your heart to doubt your love for this man, please don't let tarot cards cause you to give up the love of your life!  I would hate to see you give up on happiness for something like this.  If you do have a serious reason to doubt your love for him or if you truly have feelings for this other man, that is certainly something you need to deal with, but if your only concern is what the tarot cards said, please, please don't let that destroy a loving, healthy relationship!

Again, I am NOT trying to flame you.  I am seriously trying to help you.  If you love this man and he loves you, marry him!  Love can overcome any obstacle, no matter how many times the wedding has to be postponed.  These cards are not going to prevent you from marrying him if you truly love each other.  They can't.  Don't let them have that kind of power over you.  I really, really am saying this because I do NOT want to see you give up on true love because of tarot cards.  If there is something else, if you really don't love him or if you doubt his love for you, yes, you need to examine that, but if that is the only basis for concern, then clear your mind of troubles and follow your HEART!  Good luck! 

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What did Tia advise?

And Scarlett, seriously, I understand you think you're helping, and you mean no harm, but you are harming. So please stop.

Message was edited by RomanticGirl on Apr 19, 2006 5:24 PM

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

I'm sorry, but I just don't see where Scarlett is harming anybody? I thought she had posted some very good advice.  This board had lots of advice, and basically you take what you want and leave the rest... but as long as it's well-intended and heartfelt advice, I'm not sure anybody has to stop posting.  I do agree that some posts can be negative, I just don't think this one fell into that category - regardless of whether or not you believe in tarot cards.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

To you, the cards probably are similar to using a Magic 8 Ball.  But, simply repeating (and repeating and repeating) that tarot cards are for amusement, when the poster has made clear that they mean much more to her, is obnoxious.  It's like opening a discussion with someone who is of a different faith by trying to convert them.  It doesn't get anywhere and borders on abusive.  In the end, no one learns anything from that kind of "persuasion."

I don't know anything about tarot cards but the basics--but it sounds like some people use them to examine stuff that would otherwise be swept under the rug.  If you go back and look at the original poster's posts, she alludes to the fact that she has some doubts about marrying her fiance.  I would bet that the cards didn't give her those doubts--even if they did bring them to the surface.  If she uses those cards, and her aunt's advice, to open the door to working them out, then good for her. 

If you have serious doubts about getting married, I think we can all agree that it's a bad idea to ignore them--no matter where you got them. 

Best of luck to you, Spanish Bride.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

First of all, I DON"T lead my life by following tarot readings. I don't go through life pondering things like, "Oh, my Tia said this or my Tia said not to do this." What makes me believe and trust in this is because it is in my faith. It wasn't until everything had already happened that it dawned on me! From describing the woman my FBIL would marry, to the boss I would have, to meeting this person. And soooo many other things. After everything had passed, I realized, "She told me about this." She told me this would happen but I never kept it in mind until it HAD happened. My Tia has been practicing this for many, many years, even before I was even born. And being Catholic, and believing as much that taking Confession and in going to Mass on Sunday's or taking Communion is going to save our souls, as stupid as it sounds to you, it's NOT stupid to me! In all honestly, I'm just saddened by this. But... I just had never imagined my life without him. But anyway, to all of you, who just... listened. Thank you. I don't really speak to anyone in this city. I CAN"T tell my FH and I can't really trust family without thinking that it might get back to my FH. I just wanted for someone else to hear my thoughts. And Scarlett, I don't appreciate you constantly referring to my Aunt as some form of "Gypsy" or "Carnival Fortune-Teller" And as much of a horrible thought it is to think that I may infact, not marry this man, I trust in my Aunt. I wasn't trying to start up a big fuss! Just like I said, I just wanted for someone to listen. I do believe that everything happens for a reason. And I believe that with everything we have gone through over the years, we will always have eachother, no matter what. As for this other person.. my Tia had told me I would meet him at the job where I had an African-American boss and he (the guy) would be the one to tell me of his feelings...and sure enough, the job I just finished quitting was where I met him we hit it off the very first day and we became good friends. And guess what, my boss......yup.  And last weekend was when he confessed how he felt about me. AND THAT is where my discouragement began. It's just all a little hard to take in. And seeing as you DON'T believe, then you DON'T understand.

Message was edited by SpanishBride on Apr 19, 2006 7:45 PM

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Spanishbride: I'm curious if tarots are like angelcards. I know someone that reads angelcards and she always gives the reading but then acknowledges that we have free will to change the scenario. Is that the same with tarots?

I don't believe in the readings necessarily but I'm not going to spend time trying to talk anyone out of them either. Can you imagine if someone did that about Judaism or Catholicism? Talk you out of your beliefs? Oi!

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow!  That's all I can say.  Future insight.  I can understand why you are concerned.  It seems everytime your Tia does a reading for you, she sees something that you don't. Listen to your heart and what your Tia has to say.  Eventually the truth will reveal itself.  I hope that you will marry your FH, but only if he's the right one. 

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, it is awfully interesting that her other predictions came true, but I, personally, don't think that the things she says have to come true, especially things dealing with your relationship and whether you should marry your fiance or someone else.  Although you believe in the Tarot cards, put the predictions aside for a minute.  Do you believe in your heart that you want to marry your fiance?  If it wasn't for Tia's prediction, would you be 100% sure that you want to marry him?  If you are, then I wouldn't worry about what the cards said.  On the other hand, if you have doubts about your relationship (for reasons other than the cards' predictions), then you need to decide what to do about that.  I don't think the cards should scare you though;  what happens with you and your FH is up to you two, not anyone or anything else!

Good luck!   

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

SpanishBride - I understand reading things in the cards you may not want to see.  Somethings you can't change (a loved one moving far away); something's you can: staying faithful to you FH.  Remember, no one is perfect and its possible your aunt welcomed the concept of someone she thought might be better suited to you in her reading - it has to be taken with a grain of salt.  Or, more importantly, does it even matter?  If you two love eachother than screw the cards - BUT, are there underlying issues which make you think your aunt's reading might be accurate?  That's what you need to be thinking about.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Spanishbride, What are your feelings towards this coworker? And are you going through any issues with your fiance right now, that are leaving you more open to this coworker than normal? Your tia tells of what can be, but ultamitely your destiny is your own, esspecially in the love area. In the end its your choice, your decision. Any small thing can change your destiny, such as if you married your FH tomorrow, and then had another reading, that reading will have changed. Search your heart, do you love your FH? Is he the man you want to spend the rest of your life with? Answer those 2 questions from the heart, and then dont doubt yourself.

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh, you're Catholic!  That makes it much easier.  Sweetie, just talk to your priest.  Tell him that you have been having tarot card readings and are worried about what they said.  I am sure he can put your mind at ease that your future is not written, and that we all have free will to choose our own path in life.

I have seen some expose's on shows like Dateline and Sixty Minutes about people who "read" tarot cards, palms, crystal balls, horoscopes, etc.  The way it works, and the way the good ones are able to make it seem like they can predict the future, is by getting to know as much as possible about the person, their job, their life, their family, the people around them, and then using their own life experience to try to predict what is going to happen.  They just use basic principles of psychology and plain old research into the person's life.  They also try to keep their predictions vague so that they are more likely to come true.

In your aunt's case, I'm sure she knows you very well, talks to family members about you, etc.  So she is likely able to predict what might happen by simple observation.  For example, it is likely that you or someone in your family talked to her about your job, your boss, or this other gentleman at work to her, and what she heard led her to believe this man has an interest in you.  Lots of people are very good at reading human nature--some can be so good at it that it makes it seem like they are predicting the future, but, in reality, they are simply functioning as a psychologist. 

My mom is one person who is really good at predicting, for example, whether a relationship will last, or whether a man is interested in a woman.  She knew my sister's relationship with her ex-fiance would not last and "predicted" that he would call off the wedding.  She turned out to be right.  Is she psychic?  Does she have some kind of magical power to predict the future?  No, and I'm pretty sure she's never touched a tarot card in her life.  She is simply good at observing people, understanding their personalities, and drawing on her experience with human nature.

I think your aunt may have a similar ability to observe people and understand human nature.  I think she can give you good advice if that is the case, but I think you should try to talk to her straight up, leaving the cards in the box.  Ask her why she thinks you shouldn't marry your FH and why she thinks this man from work would be a better fit for you.  Ultimately, however, I think the others have given you good advice with regards to the fact that you should marry your FH if you are in love and that is what you want, and don't let the cards dissuade you.  As I said, good luck, and if you are really in love with this man, don't worry about it! 

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FYI as much "sense" as you would like to make out of it Scarlett, my Tia had never seen, met, spoken, "observed" anything about these people. I live 5 other states away from her. And when she was telling me all this, I, myself had no idea who she was talking about. Like I said before, you just don't understand. As to you other ladies, I thought about it alot last night after I posted the original message, after I had finally gotten all this of my chest. I do understand what everyone is saying. My Tia had actually suggested my moving up the wedding, but it was literally impossible for us to do. But trying to do that made me think that I should wait. Because if it is to happen, then it will. But I don't want to rush into something and then 6 months later, end up divorced. And because I really don't want for what was said, to happen, I've decided to push myself away from my friend. I never let him know that I was actually thinking about what he had told me. And I don't want him to know. I also don't want to allow myself to do something stupid. But thank you ladies. I'll keep you posted....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine