your favorite way to de-stress

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
your favorite way to de-stress
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:27 PM

In light of recent posts I thought maybe starting a post on your favorite way to unwind might be helpful to some other girls. Some girls may want to find alternate ways to what they do now, and some girls may need to just take their aggresion out on somethign other than the other brides on this board!

For me personally:

yoga

walking

writing

drums

long hot showers.

if anyone else has ideas , Im always open to trying anything that may relax me!(and hopefully we can get back to talking aboout wedding planning.)

Re: your favorite way to de-stress
Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've been working toward my nursing degree for 3 years now (I'll finally graduate and get my RN in June!), so I started off with some really great stress relief tatics:
-Soak in a bubble bath with dimmed lights, candles, and soft music. Eat chocolate ice cream and sip wine. Read a Cosmo or other horribly girly magazine or book. You must combine all at once for maximal stress relief!! (This was my post-finals routine for the first year or so)
-Run, jog, walk, MOVE! I like jumping on the trampoline when I'm really worked up
-Journal
-Eat healthy, be active, and take pride in your glorious body
-Get massages or give yourself mini-massages. I like to do a facial rub down before falling asleep
-Schedule non-negotioable fun time
-When really angry, punching pillows or ripping up paper really works. Do it in private, but don't feel bad or guilty. These are healthy ways to release those angry, mean, pent-up emotions.

Now, I'm worn out. I've been doing great things like drinking, eating candy, zoning out on the computer for hours, picking fights...

Misha Posts : 319 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love bubble baths!  With wine, chocolate and some soft music...Makes me sleepy just thinking about it.  I also love looking at the stars.  We just moved to the country and I can't stop looking up at night.  I haven't seen stars in years.  Very calming! 

If I need to let out some anger...I always go for kickboxing.  A great workout and great way to pretend to kick some a$$.  Afterwards, I always feel so much better. 

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Misha

Long hot showers and bubble baths are great. 
Walking.
I like to be alone and get lost in my thoughts.   

Sometimes curse outloud and talking a good game is helpful.

Of course I'm don't want to admit this, but CRYING.

Getting a massage from your FH

aec7c Posts : 114 Registered: 4/13/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

WORKING OUT!!!!

I joined a gym two months ago because I was tired of feeling like a lump (and because I want to look good in a strapless wedding dress:)), and it turns out I really like the elliptical machine!  When I'm really stressed I feel like I could go for hours.  I'm exhausted when I'm done, but I always feel tons better!

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2006 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: aec7c

Can I use everyones ideas? I got more stress than I can take right now! Really I just tend to keep to myself when I am stressed. I write a lot, long baths, hot showers, anything I can do that is quiet and by myself.

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

Crying IS a good way sometimes , youre right!

We just moved in september here from the city and our first night here we were amazed at how many stars were out. we just sat on our back porch basically gloating "we own a house AND we get all these STARS!!" Im so glad its getting nice out again!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine