October 2006??

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 30
Re: October 2006??
Posted: May 5, 2006 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

October 7, 2006! I just got my invitation in the mail yesterday. I know what you mean about post-wedding blues, I've spent two years planning this wedding, it will be a blast but it will be kinda sad when it's done.

Posted: May 6, 2006 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i'm October 28th.  We have the big stuff in place- church, hall, menu, dress, honeymoon, registry, hotels blocked.  I really need to get moving though on the photographer, transportation, and well...everything else.  eek! 

Posted: May 6, 2006 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you guys think you need to have all that stuff booked already to have an Oct. wedding.? My boyfriend and I looked at rings in Jan and said we wanted to have an Oct. wedding. He said he didn't think anyone needed more than 6 months to plan a wedding and now it is five months away and I still don't even have a ring. He is really funny about the whole thing and wants me to wait on the planning until we are engaged. It's really starting to get to me.

Posted: May 8, 2006 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lizbeth, in my opinion-just my opinion, you are looking at October 2007 now.  I'm not sure where you are or what type of wedding you want, what size it will be, etc., but typically, you need at least six months to plan a big wedding, again, not sure if you're having that.  I think you just need to be patient and sit tight, but keep in mind October 2007 is most likely what you're looking at if you want October.  Good things come to those who wait my dear!

Posted: May 8, 2006 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lizbeth, I agree with reporterbride06.  It depends on what kind of wedding you want, where you are located, how many guests you want to invite, etc.  The more people that get involved in your wedding (vendors, guests, attendants), the more time you need to give yourself to plan.  Many schedules need to be taken into account.  Five months is not a lot of time to plan a big wedding.  Maybe consider an early spring wedding (March 2007)?  The weather would be typical to fall.

Posted: May 9, 2006 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it because I know you all have already planned so much.  I actually work for a local Bridal magazine and have soo many contacts that I already know a lot about the process.  My friend who is getting married in two weeks had a year engagement and told me it was way too long to think about everything.  She suggested to me that I do a much shorter engagement to keep my sanity since I have been dating my fh so long.  My sister just got engage and she is planning her wedding for Sept. 9th.  We both have been researching everything since January, but I have not set anything in stone.  I want a small wedding and I want it at his parents house outside.  I know the tent company is available and he works for a wedding/catering company, so most likely they will be able to do the food.  Hopefully it wont be hard to find some of the other things, but again I have a lot of help from my job and his. 

Posted: Jun 7, 2006 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're to be married Oct 7 as well. :) Cheers, folks! I'm way behind. :-/

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Jun 8, 2006 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Welcome aboard Lindsey.  I sometimes go back in earlier threads and reread them and sometimes bring them back to life, too.

Well, orginally we were planning a January 20 2007 wedding, but decided WHY WAIT?  We picked the January date for sentimental reasons and had stuck with that date for quite a while, but now have decided to MOVE UP THE WEDDING to October 7.  So, while I thought I had an extra 4 months or so for details, now I have 4 months to finish the planning.  Talk about pressure.  (That's OK, I work best under presssure.)Cool

I need to update my ticker.....

Posted: Jun 8, 2006 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

October 27, 2006!! I can't wait. I have the big things finished, but am having trouble getting into planning the small details. FH is in charge of the DJ and rehearsal dinner and, of course, that's not finished yet!

" alt="" width="28" height="30">

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OK, I just had to find this thread and give it a bump because I am starting to STRESS.  Why am I starting to STRESS big time when I have 3.5 months left???  Because we went and selected the menu last night (after eating a LOT of delicious food!) and I realized that now, I am getting DOWN TO THE DETAILS, UGH!!!  And, since I so smartly decided to "DIY" so many things, I am panicking at how much stuff I still have left to "make"  I have looked at my calendar about 100 times today looking at all the weekends to see when I can make/do things and it is crazy b/c I have 2 other weddings before mine, plus other parties to go to and my own shower/bach party, so don't know when I am going to get things done!  aaaaggghhh....I didn't think I would start stressing already!!!  Thanks for letteing me vent! Yell

Can't wait to be a Porter!!!
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I feel the same way porter!  People are asking me for weekends that I have free and ughhh!!!  I don't know!!!  I have so much left to do it makes me crazy.  

Posted: Jun 21, 2006 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

October 14, 2006!  I can't wait!  But I'm so stressed, because I really want to have everything done/planned/made by August 28, when the fall semester starts.  What was I thinking with an 18 credit semester, a high school teaching practicum AND A WEDDING?  I really am not sane!  But I can't wait!

SunshineDaydream Posts : 484 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

October 21st and I CANT WAIT!!!!  I just got a call that my dress came in yesterday so I'm on my way out the door to go try it on.  I"m SOOOO excited!!!Laughing

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: SunshineDaydream

October 7th.  We are meeting with the Pastor tonight after FH gets off of work.  Although I have pretty much everything planned out, I felt I needed to wait to talk to him to verify the church is available and he can marry us that weekend. (We bumped up the date 4 months so I'm in 'limbo' until we talk to Pastor). 

So, after tonight and if it's a go-ahead, I'll be sending out the save the dates tomorrow then start addressing the invites.  Busy, busy, busy....can't wait!

Posted: Jun 22, 2006 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

I think for us October brides, it is tough because it is Summer during our final/crucial months and Summer, at least where I live, is a time when there is just so much going on!  Like I said, I am trying to squeeze in all these other parties/weddings/get togethers and have an enjoyable summer, but it is tough b/c really, I should be doing a project or meeting with the Reverand, or something else wedding related, so I don't know how I am going to fit all this in!  I'll have to let any friends I know getting engaged to keep the Summer in mind when planning a Fall wedding!!

Can't wait to be a Porter!!!
Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine