October 2006??

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 30
October 2006??
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 11:54 PM

Are there any October 2006 brides out there??? I'm getting married Oct 8th...first of all my friends, first in my family...and I have no one else really to fuss about stuff with besides my mom, lol!!!

Re: October 2006??
Posted: Apr 15, 2006 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm Oct. 21st!

I bought my dress yesterday and I am nailing down the contract with the band and caterers next week. I have the bridesmaid dresses picked out too. My FH thinks six months is plenty of time but I just laugh and smile. ;)

Posted: Apr 16, 2006 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married October 8th too!!!!!! It seems like time has just flown since we got engaged. I have the church, reception hall, dress, photographer, florist, band (my dads!), and most of the other major stuff. I wanted things done in advance so I am not stressing closer to the day. I have to get married on a Sunday because of my religion. Everything is so much cheaper though, it's great!! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful in October for all of us getting married!!!!

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married Oct. 14th at 7pm in Dallas, TX area. I can't wait! The worst part of waiting, is that so many of the shows I've watched lately have weddings in them! Gilmore Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, etc.... It kind of depresses me sometimes because I want MINE!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck All!!!!

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm October 7 in downtown Chicago and the wait is killing me!!  I'm at that point where all the big stuff is booked/ordered/done and I have to wait a couple months before working on the details like programs, invites etc.  UGH!  I am torn between wanting my day here ASAP and not wanting to rush through summer in Chicago!

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 6:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're October 14th this year too! In Lakeland FL!! Hoping for good weather!! No hurricanes!!! 

I have so far the ceremony, reception, dress, caterer, florist, almost cake and almost dj.  So way to go you other brides who are nailing the list down too. I am going to start in the invites and get the programs done so that closer to it we can just have showers and I won't be a bridezilla. We are also doing the fall colors.  If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I've gotten a lot of great ideas from other brides on the board.

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

p.s. totally understand no one to fuss too, i'm kind of in that position too so feel free! 

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We too are getting married 10/7/06. I am so excited! I have a lot done and am waiting for the time to get closer so I can focus on the little details.  I am still mulling over invitations.

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married Friday, October 13. I am in no way superstitious but I am ecstatic the day is fast approaching. I have most things done but I am struggling with where to have the rehearsal dinner.

Are you girls anticipating this day like no other??!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Very much so.  It hit me yesterday that we only have 5 months left after I went and picked up the Bm dresses

Posted: Apr 28, 2006 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes!  I only have a 10 month engagment and it is flying by!  I can't believe we're about at the 5 month mark!  Mostly, I can't wait, but I also feel I'll have "post wedding partum"

Posted: May 1, 2006 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding is October 14, 2006.  I am so excited, actually, I can't wait!!  I think we have most everything planned with exception of a florist.  My goal this week is trying to get all my BMs to go and get measured for their dresses.  It is a little bit of a problem because they are spread throughout the country so I can't babysit them!! 

Posted: May 4, 2006 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

October 7th here!  All the big decisions have been made.  If I stopped fussing over details now, i'm sure I'd be the only one to notice.  But I'll still work on my DIY invites, DIY programs, the seating chart... you get the idea.

Posted: May 4, 2006 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

everything is finished pretty much for us...my MOH and I just booked the tea room for my shower, and I'm getting really excited for that!

Posted: May 4, 2006 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm an october 6, 2007 bride! i'm horning in on your girls fun b/c i'm in dire need of flower ideas (yes i like to get things done early). i have my church, photographer, dj, and reception hall--need to have those things done 18 months in advance in nj. any cute favor/theme (we're doing fall)/flower/etc. ideas would be great! good luck to all!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine