MySpace...

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
MySpace...
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 3:05 PM

Is anyone on MySpace? I recently found out how cool it is! I'm a dork! I have heard all the stuff on the news about how bad it is for kids (security reasons). I had no idea what it was until recently. Anyway - I thought it would be pretty neat if we all shared our URLs. Just an idea...

Mine is   http://www.myspace.com/nicki51779 

Add me to your friends if you'd like.

Thanks, Nicki

Re: MySpace...
Posted: Apr 13, 2006 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh yea, I think everyone and their mother is on myspace! Which would mean I have one as well....

www.myspace.com/volcom84

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

one thing to remember a lot of human resources departments are "scouting out" my space once employees apply. so remember to keep 'em clean guys and only post what you would share with your grandmother

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you serious?! How do you know that? That's crazy. Have you seen what's on most of the pages out there? Girls that have half naked pics of themselves on their pages and so much more crap. I didn't know human resources could do that, considering what people do outside of work would have nothing to do with how they perform at work. If they bring the two together than that's a different story.

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 8:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You bet she's serious.  I'm a defense-side labor attorney.  That means Ithat one of the things I do is defend companies when people sue them for discrimination, harassment, etc. It can be a pretty dirty job.   

Myspace is public and fair game.  It's one of the first places I check when I receive a Complaint that involves a plaintiff under 30 or so.  So be careful what you put up there, 'cause if I get you in a deposition, I suddenly know a lot more about you than you think I do (particularly if you have a blog!)...and that will not help you one bit. 

A good HR assistant will check myspace too.  So, look out.  The good news is that all we do is enter your first and last name into the search feature--we don't expend more effort than that.  So, we're easy to thwart. Change the spelling of your first or last name or use a nickname as a first name.  And be careful when you create your publicly accessible myspace name.  For example, if your name is "Jane Smith," don't have your myspace profile be www.myspace.com/jsmith or www.myspace.com/smithj or some easy variation thereof. 

Of course, if you don't put raunchy or subversive stuff up there, you probably don't have to worry...or I guess you don't have to worry about anything but a boring profile.    Happy surfing!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine