NWR- hotel recommendation in Columbia, SC this weekend!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 2

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
NWR- hotel recommendation in Columbia, SC this weekend!
Posted: Apr 11, 2006 9:10 PM

My brother was recently pulled back into the Army as he was part of the Individual Ready Reserves.  He is at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC for retraining until he is assigned somewhere.  He found out today that he will definitely be sent to either Afghanistan or Iraq.

Anyway, FH and I live about 4 hours away from Columbia.  My brother just found out that he will not have to work on Sunday (Easter) and possibly on Saturday so we are going out to visit him.

Does anyone know of a hotel in a decent area that is in Columbia and sort of close to Fort Jackson?  Neither of us has ever been there and my brother hasn't been off the base so he can't help.  I know this isn't wedding related but I hope one of you can help!  We aren't looking for a 5 star place (although it would be nice to stay somewhere romantic but is not required), we just want something in a nice area.  (No idea about Columbia but it is a city and I imagine it has bad areas like every other city does).

Nicer restaurant recommendations would be great, too.  I don't think he will be allowed to leave the base so we were going to bring him in an amazing meal- like lobster or prime rib or something.  Will also try to bring some extras for any of his new buddies whose family can't come.

Hate that he is going overseas and I really want the day to be special!

Re: NWR- hotel recommendation in Columbia, SC this weekend!
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Hampton Inn off US1 in Columbia SC, I have stayed here several times when I was in Columbia, and you are only about 3 hrs away from where you are in Atlanta! this will put you near the mal-funciton junction where I26, I77 and I20 get jumbled. This really is easy to find, your in a safe area of Columbia, and away from the university traffic.

Hampton Inn - Northeast

1551 Barbara Drive, Columbia SC 1-803-865-8000

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: NWR- hotel recommendation in Columbia, SC this weekend!
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 8:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wonderful, I will call them today!  Thank you so much!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine