NWR: Super Excited!!!!

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10
NWR: Super Excited!!!!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:42 PM

Hi Girls!!!  This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my wedding, but I'm so excited that I can barely stand it!!!!!! Ok...to give you a little background.  We moved to NC from Mass about 7 months ago.  lately we've been throwing around the fact that we want to buy a house, but we both knew that it would probably be next year before we could do anything about it.  We were out driving around yesterday, trying to learn our way around a little, and we passed a sub-division of houses where they had model homes that you could go through.  So for shits and giggles we decided to stop.  That may have been the best spur of the moment thing we could have done.  WE'RE GETTING A HOUSE!!!!! Building one actually!  2850 square feet for about 157,000!!!  I can't believe it.  A brand new house!!!!   YEAH!!!!  Can you tell i'm SUPER happy about it?????

Re: NWR: Super Excited!!!!
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's FANTASTIC   However, I would have to argue that this is a wedding related item because purchasing your first house together is a huge part of starting you life together as husband and wife.  Congratulations hon - that's great!

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is super exciting!!! What an amazing price for a house that size! New houses in Orlando for 2800 sq ft start at around $350,000 and up to $650,000. I work for one of those builders - ours is around $450,000 for that size!

I am worried that Brad and I will never be able to afford a new house here in Orlando. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Now I want to move to North Carolina!!!

Congrats! Nicki

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Charlotte is BOOMING!!!  Things are cheap, the people are super nice, and everything is new, clean and beautiful.  I'm SOOOOO glad that we moved here!

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hmmm....Brad's brother is from Charlotte. Maybe it's a possiblity for us in the future - who knows!

Nicki

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats, that's great. It's also a great price. Here in MO( St. Louis to be exact) the prices are constantly rising in a ridiculous manor. FH is a union carpenter and I'm worried we will never be able to afford to buy a home like the ones he helps build.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 10, 2006 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is an incredible price.  I am from Mass. and it is a good thing you moved away.  I don't think you can get anything decent for less than $300,000 and even that would be an older, small house far from Boston!

I would love love love to move back to Mass. when we are ready to have kids so they can be close to my family but I'm afraid that the lifestyle change from what we are used to in Atlanta would be too great...

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations! 

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How exciting!  I totally feel you.... I'm in NC too (Raleigh, to be exact) and we're building a house right now!  Actually, it should be done in the beginning of June.  It's a KBHome.... who is your builder?  Make sure you take pictures all along the way.... we've been taking pictures since it's been just dirt and now it actually looks like a house!  Wires, pipes, walls and everything.  Congrats!! 

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG!!!  You lucky, lucky girl!!!  Congratulations.  That price and that square footage is exactly the reason FH and I want to move out of California.  IT SUCKS HERE!!!  But I'm happy for you.  Yay!!! 

Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations. Thats so exciting. We just purchased our first house about 7months ago. It was one of the best things we have ever done, it was and still is so exciting and fun. You are going to love it. Congrats again. By the way... where in Mass you were from? Im originally from Sturbridge.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine