How do I...?

Online Users: 1,339 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
How do I...?
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 5:25 PM

Since there seems to be such a negative air  about the new format, I have an idea.  Those of you who have figured out how to do things on this board, explain to the rest of us who may be wondering

How do you add a link into a reply?  I just can't find the litlle button now.

What's your question?

Re: How do I...?
Posted: Apr 7, 2006 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Adding a link is pretty simple. All you have to do is copy the web address and paste into your reply. There is no option to rename the link. So the whole address will be in the post but it will be a working link. Hope that helps!

Nicki

nowimawife Posts : 99 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

No answers here coneheads, just another (2 actually) question:

1.  Am i doing something wrong that the site won't "remember" me?  I click the remember me box, but I have to re-sign in everytime I log on.

2.  How do you get spaces to stay in your post?  I use enter, but when the post shows up, no spaces. 

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know the answer to question #1 - does that give me 1/2 credit? ^.~ There is a sitewide problem with the remember-me button. I have the same problem; you are not doing anything wrong. There is an update called "April 6 Update" at the top of the forums in red which tells you which things they are working on fixing. One of them is making the "remember me" button work - so they already know that there's a problem :)

Okay, I think I found the answer to question #2 - I'll let you know if it works when i post! I think that what you can do is to press shift + enter and that will give you spaces between paragraphs as you would like.

We'll see...

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hooray! It worked!

Shift+enter is the way to go...although a bit silly to just get a space. :P

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yay, BlushingBride!!! You are my hero!!! I was so tired of the no-paragraph capabilities!!! And you fixed it!!!

Oh, and you were right about the sign on thing. That is one of the things that Tech Help is working on.

Thanks!

Nicki

Message was edited by Nickig on Apr 8, 2006 11:58 AM

nowimawife Posts : 99 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

BlushingBride.....

You rock!  (although I don't know if this worked for me....I'll try!)

I had to edit because I tried using control and enter...duh!

Thanks a million!!

Message was edited by nowimawife on Apr 8, 2006 7:59 PM

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just learned that to show a picture from another website, just right click "copy" on the picture and right click "paste" in your the text box before you hit post.  But I don't think it works for images on your computer.  Do we still need photobucket for that?

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 8, 2006 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's right as far as web pics go you just click, copy, paste.
When it comes to your personal images on your computer you're still going to need your photobucket accounts. But they have made it easier we don't have to have so mabny images loaded on our photobuckets.

Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:57 PM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

You know they do have a album feature here that you can upload photo's to.  Theres a link on the top right with called images, that will take you to your album.

you can cut also cut and paste pictures directly into the message.

Posted: Apr 9, 2006 2:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can do it!

Posted: Apr 9, 2006 8:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok ladies my ? is this.......When I go to view each individual post they are all scrunched up and to view what the ? or post is about I have to click on reply to this post to even view the post period.Then I have to click the back button to see the next persons reply and so on. In otherwords the post with responses are not visible all on one page.
Is it me or my computer? I've emailed them several times with little response. Can someone please let me know.  Most of the time it does say error on page and I try to refresh with no change. I'm so frustrated.

Posted: Apr 11, 2006 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well , thnks .  I will finally be able to post pctures again.  Now all I have to do is find them again. 
Now- how can I get my little ladybug ticker back ?  Where do I have too aput the address to get it to come up?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine