Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 212

TaraAnne Posts : 69 Registered: 6/6/06
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Oct 24, 2006 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: TaraAnne

Went to a wedding at The Tides last wknd, it was OK.  Pretty much what I expected.  Food was mediocre, service not fantastic, and yes my fiance' took a bite of his cheesecake and it was still frozen!  There was 1 server per 2 tables & no beverage service at all which I didn't like.  It wasn't awful but certainly wasn't great.

Posted: Oct 24, 2006 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey june2007nj, I am so glad you posted about the manor. I am having my wedding there in March on Saturday night. I am going to take your advice about the guest greeter. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 26, 2006 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're having our reception at Perona Farms in Andover, NJ.  I'm not sure I saw that on your list of halls.  I did a lot of internet homework like you did.  I only went and looked at 4 places, but when I walked into Perona Farms, it was set up for a wedding that was getting ready to come in.  I actually cried because I thought it looked so beautiful!  They only hold 2 weddings at a time and the guests do not have access to each other's halls, there are separate entrances, bathrooms, etc...  The cost for next year is $100/head then 18% tax and 18% gratuity I believe (don't have the paperwork in front of me).  I know their prices will be going up, so if anyone is interested in that hall also c heck it out www.peronafarms.com  Everyone I have talked to that's been to a wedding there has had nothing bad to say about the place.  We booked for August of 2008.  The scenery there is gorgeous and there are so many spots for beautiful picture opportunities!  I would say the only flaw is the dance floor.  It is a long, narrow dance floor, rather than a square one.  But I still love the place!

Posted: Nov 28, 2006 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Counselor4444's info is great! I have seen a bunch of those places in person and there are some I haven't even heard of, which is good. I feel like every site I go to has the same reception halls. We have been looking for about 2 months now and either loved ones we can't afford or didn't like the ones that we can! We just visited the Pleasantdale Chateau and I would have signed my name within the first 5 minutes of being there except the price is $209 a head! The place is amazing though. I have seen Perona Farms' website and it looks very pretty...we considered visiting but it's about an hour away from where we live so we're not sure if we should bother.

Any other well-kept secrets on reception sites in northern NJ?

By the way, we have heard rave reviews on the Brownstone but we have never been treated more poorly in our lives when we went to visit! If you go there - beware of Scott.

Message was edited by summerbride2be on Nov 28, 2006 6:47 PM

Posted: Dec 1, 2006 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have always heard rave reviews about the Brownstone also & I just don't understand what everyone finds to be so fabulous!  When we visited there it was BUSY & crowded, our "sales" person was also not the most personable, and we were in a room where there we about 4 other couples also discussing their receptions.  The place is a wedding mill which totally turned me off.   

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: TaraAnne

Does anyone know of a place with no minimum?  I've inviting 60 people to my wedding.  I can't find anywhere that would accommodate that small of a group! Any suggestions would be great! 

Posted: Dec 4, 2006 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Depends on what area you're looking in.  What part of NJ are you in?

Posted: Dec 20, 2006 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

With a party of 60, one alternative would be to have an afternoon reception. Many places are more lenient with the minimum and the price as well. When you have some places in mind, I would give them a call and explain your situation - I've learned that EVERYTHING is negotiable when booking your reception site. Hope this helps!

KMS Posts : 1 Registered: 2/8/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2007 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married early in September of 2008.  I looked at the Ramsey Golf and Country Club over the weekend and fell in love with it!  Has anyone had or been to a wedding there?  I'm dying to talk to someone who has been there for a wedding and I haven't found anyone yet.

CCforever Posts : 33 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: mereditor

Thanks so much for that great list! (I wish the Liberty House wasn't so expensive, too, but you did name some great alternatives.)

I saw some people asking about the Graycliff. I've been there for three receptions, and each one has honestly only gotten better than the last. The cocktail hour is in a little greenhouse area, and there is always a large variety of tasty food. Plus, each time I've gone, the desert has gotten more and more intricate, starting with a flowing chocolate fountain to a fire/souffle show. It may not look like much from the outside, but the services they provide inside definitely make for an enjoyable, fun event.

I've also been to the Brownstone a few times. I was not that impressed.

Message was edited by CCforever on Jul 25, 2007 9:12 PM

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: CCforever

oh how i wish i had found this before i booked my reception site! LOL.. that was posted in 2006 so prices have gone up about 10$ per person (in my experience--i shopped around Jan 2007 and went to a lot of those places--although not all).

We booked the Ridgefield Regency for Sept. 13 2008 and I LOVED Raul--Trish and everyone is nice, but raul was my favorite. Anyway it's 110$ a head and we got the bigger room because we are having like 200 people. Our only dilemma with this place is that it seems a little small so we are going to TRY and cut the guest list although they can fit more people, we think it will look and feel better with less. We are paying $110 per person. which is in our budget..

Anyone heard anything good or bad about the reception site?? Let me know please and i LOVED the manor but had the same problem--i didn't know where to go once i got in the building.

The brownstone i found really really crowded.

Bretton woods was beautiful but a little too small for how many people we wanted.

Pleasantdale chateau--for a sat. night is 269$ per person which we absolutely could NOT afford, no matter how badly i wanted it lol.

I got engaged at the Brooklake country club (at my prom) and would love to know what prices are around there if anyone knows.. just for my own info lol

Nanina's at the park is absolutely AMAZING!!! But again, 216$ a person (although that was including the tax & gratuitiy).. still i could not afford it.

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 3:20 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

ANyone know anything about the Valley Regency on the Montclaire/Clifton line? My client booked her wedding there way before she hired me...(as her coordinator)... so its all signed and done. She gave me the info and brochure and all that, and it looks beautiful to me. I was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with them.
Kelley Lynn:)

kathyNYC Posts : 87 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Aug 9, 2007 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

We're having our reception at Pleasantdale (sorry guys, I know how lucky I am! This is the one time I'm giving myself what I really want! And paying through the nose for it... You only do it once!) but anyone using either the Manor or Highlawn Pavillon will get the same fantastic service without the hefty price tag because they are all the same owner. As others said, the only problem with the Manor is that it can get a litle hectic, but if you realize that in advance, you can compensate. My sister went to a wedding at the Brownstone and said it was fun; I've heard that they treat you better if you take the bigger room, but that requires more people. They also do several weddings at a time, so be prepared for a little craziness.My FBIL and FSIL had their reception at Knoll Country Club and it was great! The food was awesome and everyone had fun. And, they have an East and West so while there may be more than one wedding, you'd never know it. We know people who have been to weddings at Nanini's, no offense to anyone getting married there, but we were told its overrated. Another nice and more affordable option is the Shadowbrook. My friend's sister got married there and they did a lovely job. There are sooo many beautiful reception halls in this area, anyone can find something within their budget. As others have said, all it takes is a little homework and the site lists on this site and the knot are great starting places. Most places can be put on a maybe or must-see list after a phone call! Happy hunting ladies!! 

"Love doesn't makes the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile."- Franklin P. Jones

Soon I'll marry my best friend!
**<3 Kathy + John <3**

www.mywedding.com/kathyjohn

Posted: Aug 11, 2007 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: kathyNYC

I'm having my reception at Fiesta Banquets, Wood-ridge NJ. We called and asked for the price and the staff was polite and good unlike some other place. We went to see the place and it was really pretty. And the good thing is that they have  a small room for a minimum of 50 people, which is good for us. The guy who helped us was very helpful and willing to negotiate with us. Since we are not having cocktail hours and take only 4 hors 'dooeuvres plus the sit down dinner, it comes out to $67 pp! that includes tax and gratuity. If you want to have cocktail hours, I believe the price per person is around 79++. Tax 7% and service charge 18%.

These are some of the places that I went during my venue-hunting. (Please note, all these places are for small wedding and small budget :). not more than 50 people) 

1. Ivy Inn  $42.00 www.ivyinn.com. Very cosy and nice owner.

2. Via Brera $40.00 www.viabreranutley.com.

3. Good Fellas. (i dont remember the website). $40

4. Chakra restaurant . Nice place but the event manager was unprofessional and rude. NOT RECOMMEND at all.

Nadiadot Posts : 2 Registered: 8/14/07
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I currently live in California but am planning a wedding in New Jersey as that's where I grew up.  I have had my family look at a bunch of places and they like Fiesta because it was nice with a reasonable price.  I'm very close to booking my wedding reception there, but I'm a little scared as I have not heard anything about the place.  Good or bad.  It looks decent and the people are nice, but you never know.  It's different when you are in the area and can look at a number of places whenever you want.

Has anyone had any experiences here?  Good or bad....I just want to put my mind at ease or continue to search.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dot

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine