To those of you that need to get a life...

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 59
Re: To those of you that need to get a life...
Posted: Apr 1, 2006 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Quote > Ladies, I think we all know now how rude this "bride"

is (if she is even a bride) and I, for one, will not
be assisting her in any way. We have a lot of advice
and support to share and with an attitude like that I
am pretty sure that nobody will be quick to help her
out.

Good job, BridalBliss. You just lost the people you
could have counted on the most.

Well said NewsJunkie!!!!
I know I wont be lending any advice to her. I read some of the posts by Zoe and friends and they seem like some genuinely nice, sweet, and helpful ladies, and for someone who doesn't know jack about anyone on here to come in spewing bull, I think she needs to find another board, such as, "Brides that will be divorced in a year just because they're not nice." at maybe...hmmm...MeanBrides.com.
Sorry about the nastiness, the rest of you lovely ladies... Much love to all the bridal sistahs!!

Our Wedding Website!

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Bridal Bliss-- I think that you need to remember that alot of US are planning on our own and it's nice to come here for ideas. We are not addicted to the internet we are just reaching out for help wherever we can get it. Don't get judgemental. I'm glad the ladies devote time to these boards so that things I wouldn't have otherwise known about are brought to my attention. Thank you to all the people that are like me and spend hours on here. If you need to see an example of "addiction" look at Eli's post about her wedding. I'm sure that she is glad that there were people on the net willing to help her make her day perfect!!

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How insightful and helpful. I will be sure to get help for my addiction and apologize to my husband. Thank you so much for showing me the light.
(HEAVY SARCASM)

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Samantha,

While I appreciate your straight forward style, Zoe is a good egg. Really.

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks, I didn't know Jon asked for your opinion on me. thanks a lot, Sam:)....he loves a sassy woman;).... if you're this nasty in person, i wonder why the hell your dear FH would want to marry you.

and yes, Zoe is right, you ARE a bitch. go post your BS somewhere else, b/c none of us need your shit:)

Emily

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think you knew you were being rude and sarcastic. Just your title- for those of you who need to get a life? LOL.

Call me crazy-but that's not how I make friends.

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Whoa there BridalBliss! Don't you DARE make assumptions about people who you know nothing about! I am in no way addicted to the internet, the boards are simply a great way to take out my wedding stress and bounce around my ideas without having to involve or stress out my FIL's or fiance, or anyone else who is not a bride themselves. Just because some of us have made friends on these boards and enjoy having a place to vent does not make us "addicted". I spend about 30 mins. a day total, usually broken up into moments when I have a minute when I need to ask a question or reply to friend who may need some help herself.
This being said, please do not feel sorry for my future husband. He is perfectly fullfilled, trust me. As for YOUR future husband, I believe he may be in for a little fun for a lifetime with someone who is (excuse me for being judgemental or "calling them like I see 'em"!) a little judgemental bitch!
Thanks for your time!

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Gee....Just a couple days and some girl comes here and starts putting people like Zoe down (who I might add is a very sweet person with lots of great advice). All the girls from brides and modern bride and elegant bride seem so great so far....I really don't think we need your negative attitude running around trying to cause unneccesary drama...So if you must continue the attitude you will just be ignored and receive no advice. Your loss not ours!

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 7:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can't believe the audacity of someone who has no idea who she is talking to! I'm not going to give "Bridalbliss" the benifit of a hello let alone any advice. Enjoy your solitude here on Brides.com. It will sure be lonely!

Nicki

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 8:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"
I feel sorry for your future husbands that have to live with someone addicted to the internet! Get ideas from these boards and go spend time with your fiances!"

hypocrite!

You come here make a comment like that and then say you didnt mean to be offensive?

do you really think we are dumb?

You came here to start trouble, make rude comments, and judge others for doing the same thing you are doing.

The only one you should feel sorry for is yourself!

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 11:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

BridalBliss...

Number one: Retract those damn claws!
Number two: Where do you get off thinking you can come on here and pass judgement on any of us or our future husbands/husbands?
AND...
Number three: If you don't agree with it then shut the hell up and get on with it!

As for telling us to get a life and take care of our addiction...let me tell you something sweetheart:

I first started on this board in January. My now husband called me from Iraq and told me that he was coming home for leave and that if I still wanted to have the wedding like we had talked about, then I had 6 weeks to plan it.

I was on here almost every day over those 6 weeks getting advice and encouragement from these wonderful ladies. (Zoe was one of the first I befriended) They helped me through that time and I would have been a wreck if I didn't have them to vent to about things.

Now, if my husband was not in Iraq then yes, I would be spending a majority of my time with him but he's not. He's in Iraq and serving our country and even though I'm married now these ladies are still some of the most supportive people...with the exception of maybe one or two, one being you.

If you don't like it then leave but don't expect us to jump in and give you advice on things. GET OVER YOURSELF!!! And let me say that I hope your FH realizes what he's gotten himself into.

And everyone else...thank you so much for everything!! You ladies are the best and you have no idea how much you all helped me through the past few months!!

Oh, and one more thing...don't pick the splinter out of one's eye when you have a whole forest in your own!! (changed the wording a tad but it's still the same message and is very true for lil miss BridalBliss)

Message was edited by:
mrspreston

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just for the record, I met someone on this board whom I (and my fiance) had the opportunity to help in a very REAL way with her wedding. If it weren't for this board, I wouldn't have met Eli, wouldn't have gone to her wedding, and wouldn't have made a great friend that I hope to keep for a long time. People on this board have real relationships and really care about each other. I'm sorry if you don't understand that-- maybe you should try making friends with people instead of setting out to piss everyone off.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

5 year I think its fantastic that you and Eli got to hook up that is awesome.

For those who feel a need to leave this format, I am sorry that you feel this way.

By continually posting IM LEAVING IM LEAVING NOW, NO REALLY I AM LEAVING... it makes me wonder how old are you???

Seriously, ZOe, you have posted some wise things, I wish you would reconsider your position, but it looks like you made up your mind to try and recruit people to your site. In a perfect world people will stay and give this merger/format a chance, but this is not a perfect world. You will be missed, but not forgotten.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Well isn't that a great way to kick off the new boards!! What we need here is advice, support, and friends.. What we don't need here is sarcastic, rude, b*tchy, catty responses like that one. How dare you insult us, and say that you feel sorry for our fiances! I feel sorry for your fiance seeing as you seem to lack compasion, and the ability to just be nice. This is not highschool, if that's the attitude you have, you may want to consider heading back to highschool for a while, and get that highschool attitude out of your system!! Don't insult people for spending time on these boards, who are you to judge? And how would you know how much time people spend on here if you weren't here to look yourself? I have never been rude on these boards, but I see no need for your sarcastic, rude post! Stick together girls, and don't let someone who apparently has nothing better to do with her time than insult other people, affect you.

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

Here we go, I knew it wouldnt take long before someone became the ultimate bitch. You are so rude, coming on here and making a post about people like that saying they have nothing better to do with their lives. Didnt you realize that this website is for people trying to plan a wedding or for people trying to help others plan a wedding. Of course many of these people are going to be here a lot during the day, they are researching.... hello. And yes, they/we will all become friends, we are talking to each other so often its bound to happen at some point. And yes, you insult one of us we are all going to stick up for each other.

You feel sorry for our future husbands? Im sorry I didnt think my fiance or anyone else's future husbands gave a shit about what you think. We havent done anything wrong, searched for things, made a post to admins about things we would like fixed, etc. I personally really like some of the girls here, no Ive never met them, or talked to them over the phone, Ive just read posts theyve made and replied back. Zoe, myra, soontobemrscortez, 5yrplan, eli, etc, all of them were on brides and are all really nice. You dont  have to be such a bitch to any of us, there is no reason to be rude. You say you feel sorry for our future husbands... well I sure as hell feel sorry for yours, if you are this rude online Im sure your a real peach in person (yeah right).

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine