Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

I am! Anyone else?

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

Yay! We will be there too. Totally excited to try out all the food, only heard good things!

Amy805 Posts : 13 Registered: 10/12/09
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

Look for me MrsWillet. You can't miss my fiance- 6'3" and bald!

Hope to see you tonight! -Amy

MrsWilletToBe Posts : 13 Registered: 2/27/09
Posted: Nov 19, 2009 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: Amy805

ha ha that's funny! i'll be with a short, long-haired guy! :)

110709 Posts : 11 Registered: 11/5/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilletToBe

Just want to do the report in because I know I really appreciated these when I was planning!
I got married on Nov. 7 aboard the Eternity. The guests LOVED it- everyone kept saying how amazing it was. I was also concerned four hours wouldn't be enough time but it really felt to be just right- the crew really has everything down for the timing! We did start pictures at 4PM though so that helped out a lot!

I had Robert Acton- I will post picures later. I really, really liked him! and LOVE the pictures. He is better priced then a lot of their other photographers.

We had Mission Visual- I liked them a lot- we'll see how the video turns out.

Cinderalla Cakes- I loved the whole two bites I had and guests said it was amazing

Dinner: new wave chicken- I am really impressed with it as well as many of the guests, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies- all yummie!

DJ: Tyler Murrray- AMAZING! I don't know how she did it with some many different groups of people but she hit everyones taste and kept people on the floor

Coordinator: Allison- wonderful! she was just amazing and thorough

I thought just about everything went amazing. The only minor issues were: some of the corsages didn't get passed out even though they were all labeled. Also, someone was telling the guests to keep the gifts in the car even though we had a table, attendant, carts, and van for the gifts.

Just amazing! good luck to all of you still planning! the day will go by so fast!

sandymychou Posts : 1 Registered: 12/4/09
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: 110709

Hi everyone,
I am a future bride of the Athena yacht. My wedding is going to be in Sep 2010. My coordinator is Allison. However, I haven't heard from her since I paid my deposit. When will she start to discuss with me about the details of the wedding? Or is it still too early? If so, ususally how many months before the wedding do they contact you to discuss the details? Or should I be the one to contact her? I would be very grateful if any of you who had your wedding with Electra cruises can share your experiences and give me some advices on the timeline. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you very much!!

Cheers,
Sandy

AKbride888 Posts : 9 Registered: 10/4/09
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 3:39 AM Go to message in response to: sandymychou

Hi Sandy!!!!!

Im getting married on November 2010. :)
Are you excited!!!!

Just email Allison, I used to bug her all the time and she's very quick when it comes to responding to emails.

Have you gone to the food tasting yet? I haven't gone, I laid low after i paid my deposit.

Soon2BSavannahOrr Posts : 3 Registered: 12/9/09
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: 110709

Hey Everyone

I am in need of some help.

Last week I booked my wedding aboard the Destiny for March 19, 2010
We wanted April 16 but that was already taken so DARN YOU to whoever
stole my wedding date ( I hope you know I am totally kidding)

Then I found this blog spot and am getting nervous. There is so much to worry
about now.

Everyone has given great reviews of the DJs the food the Photographers ect . .
But what I REALLY want to know about is the officiants. I can't choose and
being in Phx, AZ is gonna make it really hard to meet them in time to ensure
they are available for our date.

Please if anyone could offer up any advice on this matter it would be much
appreciated.

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 7:15 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BSavannahOrr

Congrats! Electra is great! :)

In regards to officiants, we just had one of our close friends perform our wedding ceremony (if that's something that you're interested in). You't have to check on state laws, but in most instances they just have to sign up to be ordained at http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=ordinatio. I swear it's legit! Just check with your state to see if they recognize the Universal Life Church but most do.

Our friend worked on our service with us and our guests thought that it was a really personal touch. Our friend even told us that it was the most rewarding and important thing he's evern done in his life (and he's an accomplished teacher).

Anyway, it's not for everyone, but it worked for us!

-Mrs. Nicole Ron (RetroBride)

Soon2BMrsLewis Posts : 60 Registered: 2/2/09
Posted: Dec 14, 2009 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BSavannahOrr

Well I didn't steal your date, I'm April 17! :) Haha... but I am not going through Electra, I'm using the pastor of my church so I can't give you much help there. What I can say is I am ordained because I went through www.roseministries.com to get ordained to perform one of my best friends weddings. Everyone loved it because it was a really personal touch and yes, it is 100% legit. Good luck on your search and welcome to our little electra board... we've been a little slow lately on here though it seems! :)

-Laura... the future Mrs. Lewis

Soon2BSavannahOrr Posts : 3 Registered: 12/9/09
Posted: Dec 18, 2009 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: sandymychou

Sandymychou

I have Allison as well and she is so wonderful. I seriously bug her 24/7 about every little detail. She responds right away and is so thorough about getting you the information you need. She will not mind at all if you drop her and email, and more than likely she will have responded to you within a couple hours. She is great. I feel really lucky that when I called Electra Cruises that she was the one to answer the phone.

Edited by: Soon2BSavannahOrr on Dec 18, 2009 10:43 AM

Soon2bMrsHultner Posts : 18 Registered: 4/1/09
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BSavannahOrr

Hi Ladies,

Three more months for me until I become a Mrs., not to mention I can give you all the juicy details of our wedding, I know it will be amazing though! The marrying captain we picked is Torre Niles. We chose him because he seemed a bit younger then the others that we met at the time and the main reason was because he was the tallest. My fiance is 6'7 so we wanted someone that our guests could actually see behind us :) He also has a lot of great wedding vows to pick from! It seems like everyone on here has Allison as their coordinator, we do too! She has been great! Happy planning, it goes fast!!

Katy

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2bMrsHultner

Soon2BeMrsHultner...

I'm just a little over three months so we are almost there! I can't believe how much this time has flown by, but I'm thrilled about the big day! I remember when I started checking into this blog I was 14 months away! And now it's almost here... I wish everyone still wrote on here like when I started... it definiately has died out!

Where's all the girls that have gotten married in the past couple months? I want some pix! :)

Hope everyones plans are going well

-Laura

RetroBride Posts : 16 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Jan 4, 2010 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsLewis

How exciting! I wish you the very best in planning over these next few months. I know for me the last couple of months were the most fun (and also the most work). :) Enjoy it! It really is a fabulous time and it goes by too quickly!

I've been a complete slaker since the wedding, but I uploaded a few photos that some close friends and family took of our wedding along with a few professional shots as well. I haven't uploaded the professional photos yet! Hopefully you'll enjoy them!

If you have questions, let me know and happy planning!!!

• Nicole aka Retro Bride

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: RetroBride

Yay, thanks Nicole! It was great getting to see your pix and can't wait to see more! Let me just say you looking stunning and your bouquet is FABULOUS.

If any of you girls are in the planning stages you can see a lot of what I've done and am doing in my planning process at my blog --- http://withthisringitheeblog.blogspot.com

Thanks again Nicole!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine