Why we love Electra Cruises

Online Users: 1,275 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,755
Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:57 AM

Hello to those of you gals who aare planning to wed or have wed on one of Electra Cruises' yachts. It seems as though we have lost our little thread from modernbride.com, so I am trying to help us start a new one. Hopefully we can all pick up where we left off.

Re: Why we love Electra Cruises
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello. I'm here . . . I posted another thread for our Electra brides, but so far no response. I hope the rest of the brides find us soon.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I tried doing a search for Electra Cruises thread, but nothing came up. So that is when I created this one. I'm not liking the new message boards too much, how about you? We can't even have our ticker automatically display on our posts. I hope the other brides find us too! It may take time for them to learn how to navigate this new thing. It took me a while! Well, along the wedding topic, I got an idea from one of the other threads for this website: http://discountmugs.com/
I am excited about it because there are a lot of cool things that you can get personalized for guest favors. I am really liking the idea of a personalized wine glass or shot glass. Does anyone know what you are doing for guest favors yet? I'm still thinking, but want to get it done within the next month or two. Any unique ideas?

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am doing those little gel filled beach themed candles that you see everywhere, as well as a candy buffet in my wedding colors (black, burgundy, ivory) for favors. I'm going to make a cute little take home bag for each guest to use at the buffet. My FH will not let me anywhere near Martha Stewart Wedding mag or tv show anymore :-)

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The candy buffet sounds cool, how exactly are you going to set it up, and what types of candy will you use? Sounds like a very unique idea, did you think it up yourself? I love those little gel-filled candles. I think I still might do a candle favor as well as another favor (like the shot glasses or something).

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Brides! I finally found you all! Hope you are all well. My wedding is 4-15-06 on the Camelot during the day.  I'm getting anxious because the ship has not yet arrived; logically with all the troubles Electra had last year with this ship, they would at least guarantee the ship arrives on time! FH is sorta freaking out! I guess I still have some time to book somewhere else for at least a reception.  So, depending on the size of the tables the ship will accomodate, I only have to finalize my place settings for the Guests.

For my party favors,  I ordered small shell photo albums and shell picture frames from (http://stores.ebay.com/Little-Things-Wedding-Favors). The prices are so affordable!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, I cannot believe that it is less than 2 weeks from your wedding date, and Camelot isn't here yet.  What did Electra say about it'scurrent estimated arrival date?  Are they reassuring you at all?  I would be completely freaking out if I were you, but you remain so focused about the options of another reception site.  You are amazing.  I've checked out that Ebay store website you posted, I think I am going to order some silver arched frames for my placecard holders.  They are only about $1.30 a piece.  

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

angel--I'm not sure how I am going to set up the candy buffet yet . . . but I saw it in a Martha Stewart magazine with all ivory candy and it looked awesome.  There is a candy store at the Block in Orange that has all the specialty M&M and Skittles colors as well as a bunch of other stuff.  I'm sure I can find plenty of burgundy red candies.

Jen--I can't believe the Camelot still hasn't been delivered.  I hope it all works out and that Electra makes your wedding day everything it is supposed to be.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Ladies,

I finally found this thread, OMG, what a task... Yay, my day came and what a wonderful event it was. All I can say is "awesome."  We had a great time. The day started out rainy and cold, but turned shiny and bright the minute my guests arrived and boarded the yacht. Wonderful from start to finish....aahh I'm married . I'm going to try to post some pictures, but with this new format, I'm confused. Anyhow, I wish everyone much luck and joy on their special days (mine was amazing).

Hugs, April 1

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

April1-welcome back! We're all looking forward  for your posts and pics! I am so happy to hear from you! I've been quite lost on this site. (Trying to add my ticker!)  Message was edited by: JenL

" /> Message was edited by: JenL

Message was edited by:
JenL

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats April1!  I'm so glad you found us Electra Brides on here.  I have been waiting to hear how your wedding went.  I forget what yacht you got married on.  What were your colors, and what food did you serve?  I am probably going to have lots of questions for you...  One thing I am wondering is, who set out your guest favors?  Because I know that the tables get set up after your ceremony is over, and the wedding party is too busy to put the favors out for the guests.  So who did that part for you?  What did you do for favors, by the way?

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ladies,

i had to re-register because i messed up my e-mail address, and lost all info...anyway . We were married on the Athena 12-4pm. Our colors were champagne/ivory/teal. An odd mix of colors, but it worked out great. Originally, I wanted periwinkle, but my MOH wanted teal...and I said sure (i like teal too ).  We served the Marsala Chicken, Mesclun Salad, and Vegetables. Our wedding favors were those gel candles with the sea shells. They rocked, they came with a little card attached that read "Thank you for sharing our Day with us." And on the inside we stuck a sticked that read "Love, Veronica & Jason." They were perfect for the event, and so pretty. After the ceremony, while we took pictures, the crew set up the tables, linens, chairs with sashes, party favors, and centerpieces. My fiance spoke with the cordinator that morning, Tamara (she was awesome), and she took charge and got everything ready for us, she even waited on my ladies and myself down in the bridal room. She told me to worry about nothing...and I didn't...it was stress-free and perfect. Oh ladies, I'm so happy! I loved our day!! I wish you all the same "wonderfulness" (is that a word, haha). Send your questions to me if ya have any

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Brides,

April1-I'm so excited and looking forward to your pics if can share! Congrats again.

Just when our wedding day cannot get anymore exciting! As you all know, I'm still waiting for my ship to arrive! Today, Electra is still unable to confirm the Camelots arrival. I then tried confirming if my marrying captain needed to meet us at the rehersal next Wed and to my shock, he said he was going on vacation until after the 15th!!! Of course, Electra had him for my date since January; so said they will assign another marrying captain for me. I proceeded to call every vendor to confirm they show my date booked for me! Whew, @ least every vendor is ready....

" />

null

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ladies,

I want to post pictures, but I don't know how...anyone have any ideas, where to go or what to do to post?

Wow, JenL I can't believe how calm you are with this whole Camelot thing. I was wondering, what happens if the yacht isn't ready in 10 days? Refund, bumped to another boat etc.? I'm sure it will get here, I just wondered what Electra's plan B is...I have a feeling all will go well .

Hugs, Aprl1

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Brides,

Aprl1 - Congrats! I'm glad your wedding day went well. 

JenL - Thx for the tip.  Good call on confirming with vendors.  Can't beat a little assurance that they'll be there for the big day.

I also booked the Camelot (Crystal), for April 23rd in the afternoon.  1) I hope they'll be done with getting through the red tape with Washington DC.  Electra says the boat is ready but can't move until they receive the oki-doki.  Otherwise Electra will arrange for another yacht for the event as they did for the April 1st weddings.  2) Boy, I hope the rain will cooperate for us!

For wedding favors, I went for Dove chocolate hearts.  If it's good enough for chocoholics, it's good enough for me .  My theme is Precious Moments and colors are wine and ivory.  Best wishes to all!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine