Just like The Knot

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
Just like The Knot
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 7:41 AM

Does anyone else think that this website is basically The Knot, part II? It really does work just the same way. When you post, you get the same page (you don't go back to the original thread). They have budget planners and ways to save your images, and basically plan and organize your wedding on their site. The large number of thread categories are also very similar. Also, the site lets you know if you have read a thread by marking it. Knot does the same thing. The knot must be quite successful to get such a copycat. Any other knot users find this easier to navigate than the MB or Brides group does?

Message was edited by:
Jazmine

Message was edited by:
Jazmine

Re: Just like The Knot
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree, this is similar to the knot. I'm still undecided about this format,though. I never really got into the Knot because it had that stupid video on the right side that slowed everything down. This might be cool once I find my way around, but they need a general chit-chat kind of place. Right now everyone is sort of using the family & friends place, but I don't know if everyone has picked up on it.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

yeah I agree with you. I actually use weddingchannel.com's boards and they are honestly soo much better! The only thing is that I think brides (well the old one) had people interacting more frequently than the pple interact (post) at WC.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

how do you post pics on the board?

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

The way I do it is go to photobucket.com and you have to choose the picture you want, and create a tag or html code for it, copy the link, and paste it in the message. Pain in the butt but it works..

BaconsMom Posts : 33 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm on the Knot boards simultaneously - and they are soooooo much easier to navigate, frankly. This is the most difficult board I think I've ever encountered - and I'm on a fair number of boards for all different things, not just my wedding.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine