I'm a little confused - can you explain?

Online Users: 1,356 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Allie Posts : 20 Registered: 3/30/06
I'm a little confused - can you explain?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:40 AM

I understand that everyone felt a part of a community on the boards, but some of these posts about the new site layout are kind of over the top. People that are "heartbroken", people that will loose sleep over this? I mean, come on! The boards will get better, it's the first launch - they'll change everything and once the changes are done the site will get faster.

I'm worried about some of you - I don't want to seem mean or anything, but maybe this will be good for you - you can actually do other things for a couple of days instead of being addicted to the boards? Sorry again, I just don't understand, that's all.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: I'm a little confused - can you explain?
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: Allie

I think people have been quick to dismiss the new boards. I agree- the layout just plain sucks. However, if we all give it a chance we can continue to maintain our friendships.

And, frankly, if the new format bothers me enough to limit my time on here I won't mind so much- I spend wayyyy too many hours on here not doing other things! lol

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Allie

I posted something yesterday about how we need to learn to accept new challenges and not just quit after a few hours experiencing something new. I totally agree with you Allie.

I would hate to see how some of these women deal with real life experiences that are new to them. (not trying to be snarky here, just an observation on my end) Do they just quit after a few hours if they don't like it? NO, they perservere, accept the new challenge, adapt to the differentces, and overcome it.

Like I have said, at the top of the list of posts under each heading is a place where you can send CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM to the admin. Post your concerns, give some creative suggestions, be constructive!

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: Allie

I'm not too upset with the change. It was a little slow at first and I had to try a few times to get it to work, but it seems better now. I am a little annoyed that most of our old coversations are gone, but other than that, I'm not too concerned with the change.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:13 PM Go to message in response to: Allie

I agree. I don't think some people gave it a chance at all! There are some kinks but that is to be expected. We all knew this was coming and some had their feathers ruffled before we even merged! That is to be expected but we need to remember that we are all here to plan our weddings! Lets make it fun and be open to "new" people and their words of wisdom.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I get frustrated with the fact that half of the time I click on a link, it says "Unavailable". Grr. But yes...not life-altering.

However, for some women who are maybe going through mini wedding-crisis, it might be difficult for them if they can't ask "us" for help if we're the only ones they can go to!

Everyone be nice :)

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

the "unavailable" should just be a tech glitch. i was a bit frustarted at first with the site, but it is now A LOT faster and no issues right now.

but then again, i work in computers and they just overhauled our whole system 6 months ago after 5 years, so maybe i am just numb ot the chance;)

i do think this new system may require more modern software to go smoothly, than the last, but it seems to be working OK.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine