For Fun: Your story!

Online Users: 1,234 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25
For Fun: Your story!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 11:42 PM

Hey ladies! As part of this whole getting to know each other thing, I thought it might be nice for us all to share a short story of how we and FH ended up getting to this point! I'll start; here's the story from my profile:

I'm getting married on September 30 to the love of my life, my best friend. We were childhood friends and high school sweethearts, but we broke up after six months of dating and then barely even talked to each other for a couple of years. Later, while in college, we decided to give it another try, and we've been together for four years now!

OK, who wants to go next...

Re: For Fun: Your story!
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'll go!

I have known FH, almost my entire life. We live less than 5 miles away from each other. He graduated high school in the same class as my sister (a year behind me). We started dating when we were 16 (1998). Been together ever since. I moved 300 miles away for college, while he was senior in high school. He proposed in 2001, before graduating high school (this scared everyone in his family to death). Then he moved within an hour of me to go to another university. So finally he will graduate and we will be married June 2007, being together nearly 9 years.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

ME, ME.

FH and I met through an ex friend at college. We've been dating for 8 years. Along the way we have had a few bumps and growing pains, but we are stronger now then we've ever been.

I moved to PA to be with FH in 2001 after graduating college. On 2/3/05 Kyle proposed with the diamond ring I picked out.

NEXT....

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 1:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am also getting married on Sept 30th.

My FH & I met on November 2, 1997 while playing a video game on the internet. We weren't looking for anyone, just having fun playing a game. In the game, there was a chat window & when we saw we were both from NE Ohio, we started chatting and exchanged email addresses. One thing led to another, we met in person and started dating. We've been together ever since - through the ups and downs, good times, bad times and very bad times. Through life changing events like the passing of my mom and him having a job that kept him out of town up to 8 months of the year. Finally, life has calmed down a little gotten back to "normal" and we are ready for the next stage of our lives. FH proposed to me on Feb 11th.

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 2:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are getting married August 12, 2006.
My Fh and i met when we were 16 and 17 at a local golf course, we started talking and realized we lived 5 miles from eachother and he drove past my house everyday to go to school. It has now been 5 1/2 since then and been together ever since. I cant wait to call him my husband!!!!! He proposed on May 24, 2005 on the very same spot we first talked at the golf course.

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY!!!

My FH and I used to work together in 98'-99'. At first it was one of those friendly in office relationships that just managed to work its way to my heart. Don't know how he did it...but he did. He was totally not my interest at the time. BUT somehow...it happened and have been together since Feb 14, 2000 and finally tying the knot on July 29th, 2006. We also have a beautiful baby girl together (4 years old now). I also have two older girls 12 & 14 who loves him to death also. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My Turn, My Turn!
I am marrying Peter Shultz on April 22, 2006. We have known each other since I wa 12 (he was 16/17) at the time - he used to pick me up at the bus stop and drive me to school in the back of his truck so I wouldn't tell on my big sister (they were friends) - ha ha. I was obviously too young at the time and he had a girlfriend but long after they broke up he "supervised" a visitation with my sisters ex and thier son - then he invited me to a Groundhog Day party - the rest is history...he proposed March 12, 2005 (at 6:28pm)

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Stefan and I met a little over two years ago during college. I called up some friends to hang out one night, and he happened to be with them. Needless to say, love at first sight :) I fought hard for him (he actually was supposed to meeting up with another girl!) and won! :) He proposed to me last June, after we were together for about 1 1/2 years. We are getting married June 17 of this year - only 77 more days! Yippeee!!!! :)

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i'll go!

my FH and i attended the same high school and grew up in the same area, but we never really hung out or socialized with each other. that was most likely due to the fact that he was 2 years younger than me. i knew of him though, because he was very close to my sister. well, long story short, i came back home after college and started teaching and coaching cheerleading at my old high school. last january (2005), i was sitting at a basketball game, BORED out of my mind, when this total hottie came walking into the gym. i immediately thought it was a student and decided NOT to be the next teacher on CNN, and promptly returned my attention to the game. this "mystery" guy came over to where i was sitting and started talking to a teacher sitting with me. he kept looking at me and making this weird face at me, and finally asked "you don't know who i am, do you?" i had no clue and told him that. he said "ryan norwood... i was good friends with your sister." i about DIED... here was this super hot guy that looked NOTHING like the guy i remembered from high school. turned out, he was drafted by the cubs to play baseball, and through college, he bulked up (no steriods!) and got VERY handsome. both of us coming out of bad relationships, we decided to have fun and hang out until he had to go to spring training. the opposite of our plans, we fell in love, and worked through the long distance of him being in arizona and me being in virginia. he came home in october from a looong baseball season (due to a really bad ankle injury and rehabbing it), and proposed only 3 days after coming home! i knew we talked about getting married, i just didn't expect it when it happened! turned out, he had talked to my mom quite frequently (she works as a jeweler) and had the ring made. we were together for a year this past february, which is very soon according to some people to be getting married, but i think when you know, you know! we will be getting married november 18, 2006!

Posted: Mar 31, 2006 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My husband and I met at the beginning of my senior year of college in August '95, started dating that December, got pregnant in March, and married in June. We had a very small, immediate family only ceremony outside at a restaurant on a lake, and dinner at the restaurant afterward. We have always regretted that we didn't get to share the day with most of our family and friends, so we are having a church ceremony and a reception for our tenth anniversary in June. Our family and friends are very happy that we're doing this...they've asked us for the past almost 10 years when we're going to have the "real" wedding.

Message was edited by:
nynje

gemini5241980 Posts : 426 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Apr 2, 2006 12:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I met about 5 years ago, nothing big just some quick hello's as I was giving my then 2 year old a bath( he came over to my apt with a family friend)
Then almost 31/2 years ago we run into each other again at a bbq I was throwing (again showed up with a friend) we started dating and not to much later I got pregnate( shame on us)We split up for awhile but have been back together doing the whole family thing for over a year and loving it.
We are getting married on July 7,2007 (his grandmother's b-day because she asked us too)

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: gemini5241980

My turn:)
My FH and I have been dating since we were 16. We had always known each other but we started dating the beginning of our sophomore year. We have been inseparable ever since! Even through 4 years of long distance college we are still going strong!
Sunday August 20 2006 I will FINALLY become his wife just 1 month and 1 week shy of our 7 year anniversary:)

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I attended the same high school. I am 1 year ahead of him. Although we generally hung out with the same crowd, it took till my last year there (2000) for both of us to finally come around. We dated for awhile and then split for about a year. So after not knowing about eachother for that year. I called an old girlfriend, out-of-the-blue, and it just so turned out that she was out with our old group of friends, inlcuding my FH. She handed him the phone and we ended up talking for hours. Just a few short months after that, we moved in together. We will have 5 wonderful years in August. Our wedding is still 2 years away, but only because we are paying for everything and we really want to be able to get everything we've ever wanted for that special day.

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We met on the dance floor about a year ago. He just came up and started dancing with me and my (now) MOH. He could dance!! So we sat down, had some drinks, then decided that we were hungry so we got some breatkfast. After, we exchanged numbers. The next day he called and asked if I would have dinner with him and his daughter. I believe I fell in love with both of them over the appetizer. We have been inseparable ever since!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Our Wedding Website!

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My soon to be husband and I met through a good friend of mine at school. She had told me she knew this great guy and I should call him. I told her I don't know him, I am not going to call him. We imed back and forth some and then we talked on the phone for a good while at a time. Our first date was November 16th 2002, also the day I was giving one of my best friend's bridal shower. He was so cute b/c we had agreed on a certain time to go out and he was early, he told me he couldn't wait any longer. We had an amazing first date. He proposed last year on 3/4/05 and we are getting married on May 28th this year. I am so happy to be marrying the love of my life! Good idea September06Bride.
a href="http://www.snugglepie.com">

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine