i think this is it for me!

Online Users: 1,254 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28
i think this is it for me!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:05 PM

Well ladies, i think this is the end of the road for me. I am really not liking this new format. I keep getting error messages when i am replying to messages and nothing makes any sense to me.

I might check back in a little while when the kinks are all worked out. but this is just too confusing for me. :(

Thank you to everyone on brides.com that was so wonderful and helpful. :) You guys have been awesome. i will miss u so much. happy wedding planning and happy weddings. :)

Re: i think this is it for me!
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello Sweetie, I totally understand your frustrated with the new site...I do think it will take some time to get used to it...It's just the first day! I think if we all give it some time we will figure out what we are doing...I really don't think anyone knows what in the heck is going on right now! keep your head up!

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i just am so frustrated with everything and i seriously do NOT understand this new format. It makes no sense to me at all. i dont think i am going to post for awhile....but i might check back in to see how things are going to work out.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think we will all get it figured out. It is just going to take a while. This is pretty frustrating now, but I think it will be nice once we get it.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well best of luck to you and with your wedding plans! please come back if you ever have any questions of just need to vent! I know all the girls from Brides will be excited to see and hear from you! Thank you for the good advice!! You will be missed!

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know that it will become easier once all the kinks are worked out. but it just seems like it's more stress than i really need at the moment. HA....im stressing out over a message board! FUNNY! It's just that brides.com was the place i came to vent and get away from stress and now it's a stressful place.

I don't know if i will completely leave...but i might be quieter. LOL! :)~

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I completely agree and I am also out. I am only sad that I did not get to post my wedding pictures (which should be available this week). But the frustration isn't worth it. Good luck to all of you and your wonderful weddings.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hang in there girls. If you are using Foxfire, maybe go back to internet explorer. I had a huge problem with Foxfire with error messages and taking a long time to log in, but I went back to IE and it's all good now.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I use both Foxfire and IE, and getting that Invalid error with both. Really wish they worked out the kinks with this before they put it to actual use.

Has anyone figured out if we are allowed to post sigs? I saw a few girls have them, but I didn't even see a sig option!

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sometimes with new things they have to start it before all the kinks are worked out. Computers are a funny thing and it will take them time to figure out what all the kinks are and to get it all working better. Hang in there, I was about ready to quit it, too, until I thought it through.

It's like starting a new business ~ you don't know what the kinks are until the business it open and running and then through experience it all gets figured out. Just hang in here, gals. I'll miss y'all if y'all leave!

Message was edited by:
MSSouthernBelle

Message was edited by:
MSSouthernBelle

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi girls,
I have posted a little bit on these new boards, and honestly, its not THHHHAAAT bad. Yes there are some kinks, but stay with it and it will get better. At first it can seem a little intimidating. :) Hang in there.

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

O.K. Belle, how did you get your picture and ticker on there?

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

haha ~ go to the website you created your ticker on and (this is ridiculous, but) find the html code ~ copy and paste it onto EVERY post. Like I said, it's ridiculous. However, one of the other gals (impenelope) said she saved the html code into a word document and just copies and pastes it everytime. At least for now, until Brides changes it. lol

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry to see y'all go. I share in your frustrations. If I don't get the hang of it soon I may take the hint that I've been on here too long and hunt down some greener pastures (or at least ones that make sense). It's really a shame.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You know you all are addicted arent going anywhere....get back to planning!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine