Unique favor ideas?

Online Users: 1,239 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 53

gregsbridetobe Posts : 91 Registered: 4/8/06
Re: Unique favor ideas?
Posted: Apr 12, 2006 1:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

What month is your wedding?? I am doing chocolate pretzels in bags I found at the Dollar store to store in, another friend of mine is helping her neice out with her wedding and doing candy bars. YOu can purchase wrappers for them or if your thrifty & crafty you can make your own. Just make a design on the computer to paper and than cut it out to size and put photo stick glue on back. wa la!!

Posted: Apr 13, 2006 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got some cool wedding favors and wonderful ideas at www.forabride.com

Posted: Apr 14, 2006 12:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you thought of wedding water?  We found some at http://www.bottleyourbrand.com/shop/category.asp?idCat=3 and if you can't afford the bottles, just order the labels and put them on bottles yourself.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by Cindy on Apr 14, 2006 12:51 AM

gregsbridetobe Posts : 91 Registered: 4/8/06
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 2:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey I saw someone who was selling sparklers on the web board if interested.

Posted: Apr 14, 2006 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: gregsbridetobe

We used Sterling Silver Bottle Openers. I thought it was a cute idea and very useful. Hope this helps!

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 3:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi all!

We are 2 Spanish girls who provide for beautiful Spanish fans (19cm long), wonderful colors with lots of different models. You can be sure everybody will like them.

We deliver all over Spain so there would be no problem to send it to you. I can send you photos if you send me a mail to carolpmartinez@hotmail.com . Believe me it's elegant and funny !.

Posted: Apr 23, 2006 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH and I are opting out of traditional favors and are instead donating money to the American Cancer Society.  We plan to print up some little cards to place at each setting telling people that we have donated the money in their honor in order to say thank you.  We have told a few people about this idea and everyone seems to really like it especially considering that most of them admitted to throwing aray other favors they have recieved in the past.  I have also seem some examples of this on the St.Jude website, but you could do it for any charity.

Posted: Apr 24, 2006 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are having our wedding in the Dominican Republic in November 2006.  Last year we found cute wedding guest favors because all of our guest will be from out of town.  Cute flip flop eye pillows with guest treats.  check out http://www.pocketspa.com

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi all!

We are 2 Spanish girls who provide for beautiful Spanish fans (19cm & longer), wonderful colors with lots of different models. You can be sure everybody will like them.

We deliver all over Spain so there would be no problem to send it to you. I can send you photos if you send me a mail to carolpmartinez@hotmail.com . Believe me it's elegant and funny !.  

You can see photographs if you press in my profile.

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I want to do chocolate covered cherries or decorated sugar cookies, and my honey voted for the sugar cookies, so that's probably what we're doing.

Posted: Apr 25, 2006 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We donated to the Humane Society for our wedding...everyone loves that idea

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm going the snack route.  We are going to tie old fashioned candy sticks with a ribbon.  They will cost about $.60 each. and there will always be leftovers.  This is where we are getting them, you can see all the colors. 

http://store.candywarehouse.com/candysticks.html

Posted: Apr 26, 2006 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am using an idea I saw in Martha Stewart Weddings. You get chocolate bars that have two sets of wrapping (we are using Caramilk bars, they are both FH and my favourites), you take off the outer wrapper and use it as a template. Then you get cool paper to recover the bars in. I found striped wrapping paper that matches my colours and ribbon to tie them with. We will make labels that say thank you and they will be put at every place setting. The paper is bright and colourful so they will even jazz up the tables a bit. My bridesmaids are going to help me make them and it will cost about 1.50 per favour.

Posted: Apr 27, 2006 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are having a "candy bar" a table with different cylinders and jars full of different candies and bags with our monograms on them for guests to fill and take home at the end of the night. I just figured that I am a candy oholic that it would be fun and every time I go to a wedding everyone just throws away the favor.

Posted: May 3, 2006 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ladies, I am so excited about my unique wedding favors--- so I had to share.  I found these pancake, cornbread, muffin, and biscuit mixes that come in little packages.  I saw them once in a store and thought they were cute, but they were expensive in the store.  I then went directly to their website and found out they were 65 cents a piece!  In a case, they are $5.25 for 12--- even cheaper!  For me and my Kentucky theme wedding they were perfect!  http://www.weisenberger.com/category.cfm?Category=13

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine