Unique favor ideas?

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 53
Unique favor ideas?
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:27 AM

Has anyone found any really unique favors that arent super expensive? Everything I see is candy in tins or Jordan almonds. I want something unique and fun.

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Unique favor ideas?
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I might be able to help. Does your wedding have a theme (even a colour theme)? What type of wedding is it/where is it held? I've seen lots of creative favour ideas, just let me know.

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

look under favors on http://www.frugalbride.com and http://www.usabride.com
They have tons of ideas!

Posted: Mar 30, 2006 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Check out http://www.deluxefavors.net
The have a whole section for "unique & creative" favors.

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

At my daughters wedding we gave away beautiful candle gift baskets . One company that I suggest is At www.myscentsappealcandles.com good luck

Posted: Apr 1, 2006 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are giving out pub glasses. They have out name, dates and a tribal sun printed on each glass. The print will be in purple to match out color. Each person will get one. I wanted something practical.

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 3:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We had a caricature artist that we hired to draw caricatures for our guests. It was a huge hit and was really reasonable in cost. The thing I wanted was not something that will sit in a cabinet or get thrown away. Our guests could make the choice whether they wanted to do it or not, and we didn't waste any money on stuff that ended up in the trash.

Posted: Apr 3, 2006 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't know what your theme is, but maybe you could run with these ideas...My cousin got married last spring and they had this springy outdoor country theme, with the gerber daisies and cute sundresses. Their wedding was in a nice chaple and the reception was at this old barn that has been totally remodeled so it had a nice dancefloor, and then a big tent with the seating underneath. Anyways, it was a cute coutry type theme and her favors were white cowbells that had their names written on the side. They rang the bells for kisses. Then later after the meal and formal dances the couple walked around and handed out little wrapped hersheys nuggents in a cute "thank you" wrapping. My dad is not into cute putsie stuff, but he loved those bells, he put them on his dog's collars so when they ran around on his property (he has a few acres) he knew where they were; and also, he is having shoulder surgery in a couple months and will be using the bell to call for things when he is in recovery (he thinks its a joke but no one is laughing lol). So in otherwords, the bells were acutally used not just tossed or collected dust. Like I said, I don't know if you have a country theme, but maybe you could use the ideas to fit your wedding better.
Hope this helps!
~Kay

Posted: Apr 4, 2006 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am ordering engraved silver picture frames that will have our names and our wedding date on them. At the wedding we will have names and table numbers in them. After people take them home I am going to send out thank you cards with our wedding picture on the back of them, so they can have a framed picture of us. For 60 people it will only cost me about $80.

Posted: Apr 5, 2006 3:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

my fiance and i are having an outdoor garden wedding labor day weekend and plan on having personalized matches for the favor and sparklers for our "send off."

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 2:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am giving out scratch off lotto tickets!  Who doesn't LOVE scratch off lotto tickets!! I've taken a response card I bought from Michael's Craft Store and put LUCKY IN LOVE on the top and "Wishing you riches from the New Mr. and Mrs." on the bottom with our Names and date underneath of that.  I cut little slits in it to tuck the corners of the lotto ticket in the middle.  They cost about $1.04 a piece. 4 cents for the card, and $1 for the lotto ticket!!!!  Maybe if someone wins big, they'll be kind enough to drop the ticket into my card box!  Ha!  Wishful thinking!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I kept finding the same old things until I found www.brilliantweddings.net.  They have truely unique favors.  Not the same old "mints in a tin". 
Guest wrote:

Has anyone found any really unique favors that arent super expensive? Everything I see is candy in tins or Jordan almonds. I want something unique and fun.

Posted: Apr 6, 2006 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It depends if you are using a theme.  I am going with a fall theme and I was planning on doing caramel apples for my favors.  Maybe a combo of caramel, candy, and peanuts. 

I also read that someone was using mini alcohol bottles as favors, thought that was a cute idea too!

Posted: Apr 7, 2006 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's such a great idea-- I may have to use something like that myself! I'm all about inexpensive, yet still interesting!

Posted: Apr 11, 2006 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

so far we are choosing these www.jordanalmondflowers.com

they are only a few dollars a piece

I might make them myself ( I meant my future wife ;-))

but I am still looking

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine