menstrual manipulation

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 10:50 PM

Okay, so I am extra worried about my cycle coming on the day of my wedding. I get married in about 2 months and 2 weeks. I wanted to know how long do you need to be on the pill to skip a period. Like could I start in April and continue to the next pack (which would be my second pack) in May and skip?
I am also looking at Seasonale, anyone know if you still get your cycle during the first pack of Seasonale?
Thanks.

menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 12:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm on Seasonale. You can spot on it. I personally have not (knock on wood).

Directly from seasonale.com (drug website):

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: While you get the convenience of 4 periods a year, you are also more likely to have spotting and breakthrough bleeding (which varies from slight spotting to a flow much like a regular period) than with a 28-day birth control pill. This is common and should decrease over time. During the first year, total bleeding days are similar to a traditional Pill.

Go talk to your doctor. He/she will be better able to help you.

menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 7:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

On Seasonale did you not have a menstrual your first three months on?

menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am on seasonale and this is my first pack....I have completely skipped 2 periods and have not had any breakthrough bleeding or spotting. I did have an increase in cramps though. The best thing to do is get to a doctor now!!! Even if you are not ready to start the pill you can get the perscription written and start when you are ready (with the doc's advice of course)

menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by Blessed_in_2006:
On Seasonale did you not have a menstrual your first three months on?

Yes that is the whole point of this particular pill.

Please go see a doctor. Discuss your options with him/her.

menstrual manipulation
Posted: Mar 22, 2006 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've already went to the doctor, but at that time we were looking into IUD, which I was going to get next month, but once I saw the "cycle counter" on the boards I realized I may need to skip a period for my wedding. Thanks everyone. I have a appointment for Friday, I hope all goes well. Thanks again.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine