Broken blood vessel?

Online Users: 1,258 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2
Broken blood vessel?
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 3:17 PM

This may be a stupid question but I have a broken blood vessel under my left eye. Its not that big but definatly noticible. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Concealer doesn't do anything. I have had it for a few months now and it is starting to get to me, especially since you can see it in pictures. Frown

Broken blood vessel?
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

a broken blood vessel anywhere is still the same. It's a bruise and collection of blood. Circulating and rubbing will help to try to "scatter" the blood if you will. Gentle massage using pinkie finger over a period of time. I bruise like no one's business. I break capilaries like I have an absolutely unlimited supply. Because of the location of where yours is, I would REALLY urge you to see a dematologist if you are concerned before you do ANYTHING....THEY will tell you the best course of action, not a bridal board.

Broken blood vessel?
Posted: Mar 20, 2006 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi future Mrs. Smith. I think I can offer an option for you. I only know about it, because I have had it done. It's called IPL- Intense Pulsed Light (not a laser, but similar). It's a spectrum of light that is attracted to red and brown pigments. Essentially, the light destroys and dissipates the disfunctional blood vessel. The good part is that it doesn't break the skin or have any downtime (big redness or swelling). I'm sorry if I sound like an ad, but I had it done for a scar on my face that had broken blood vessels in it, and it looks so much better- my wedding is in five weeks!! So talk to a local dermatologist or go to a reputable laser center.
Hope that helps...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine