Skipping your Sugar Pills

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:06 PM

So, I'm supposed to get my period the DAY we leave for the honeymoon! i was trying to find a way to skip the period, and have heard it before to just skip your sugar pill week and jump right into the next pill pack, so you will skip the period. Has anyone ever done this? Does it really throw your body out of whack? Is it really bad for you? Any other advice?? HELP!!
Magen*

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'v done it about three times and each time I had no problem.I've never had any emotional backlash or spotting. Studies show that you don't need a period every month and skipping one like once or twice a year is fine. Just throw the suger pills away and start the next pack and get your period next month.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i've done it plenty of times and it works fine. the only thing you'll notice is that the next month you may spot a few days before your period (which will now be a week earlier if you are on a 28 day pack). from what i've been told by my gyno, this is the preferred method when wanting to miss your period- you stay on the pill consistently so the horomones stay in your body, if that makes sense. i haven't noticed it to throw my horomones out of wack, however my pill has the same level of horomone throughout the month (it is not a tricyclic like ortho-trycycline or anything like that).

hope that helps!

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I did it a few times when I was on the pill. I had some spotting and my next period was a little heavier then normal, but other then that, it works fine.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 12:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes, start a new pill pack instead of taking the sugar pills.

I, as the others, have done this on several occassions when traveling or just recently when I had surgery and didn't want the hassle when recovering. I've never had any adverse reactions or spotting associated with it. (I'm one of those freaks who has 3 day periods, no cramps, no adverse reactions from pills)

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

you all ROCK!!! YOu just saved my honeymooooon!!! HOpefully I'll be like you all and not have any major issues with it. I wonder if I'll have any signs of PMS? Let's hope not, becuase I don't want to be a B#TCH on my wedding day!!! haha. Thanks again everyone! YOU ROCK! :-)

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am pretty much an expert at this. I NEVER take the sugar pills and I never get a period. Haven't for 5 years or so. Works great! When I did have my time of the month, it would go on sometimes for weeks and I would become anemic. So this was the only solution for me and I'm 100% happy w/ it. Wink

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sometimes take Midol before my period and it somehow helps control my pms, maybe keep a stash of Midol handy to ward off any PMS emotions before the honeymoon, your body won't know it wont be having a period, so I would expect the same Pre symptoms.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Please call your doctor or talk to a nurse or pharmacist before altering your medication schedule. They will most likely give you the go ahead. It's best to ask, plus you may get some really great advice.

Posted: Mar 15, 2006 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I tripped mine up back in Febraruy by not taking the last week of pills in the pack. If not I too would have to deal with being on my period during our honeymoon. I ended up spotting for about 2 weeks. I talked to my doctor about it beforehad though b/c FH was worried about me getting pregnant. If you have to trip yours up I would do it as soon as possible, after you talk to your doctor first of course.

url=http://www.snugglepie.com] [/url

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It is totally safe to skip your sugar pills and take the next real pill. But, you period will not automatically stop the first time you do this. It could, but chances are it won't. It can take a few months for it to actually stop. Talk to you Dr. if you still have questions or concerns though.

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I skipped my sugar pills for over two years. My doctor was aware of this, and said there should be no problems for me. When I began taking them again it took a couple moths for my cycle to regulate again. I would definitely start a couple months ahead of time as others have mentioned.

Posted: Mar 16, 2006 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks everyone. I'm going to go ahead and try it this month.....so that i know if it works and how my body reacts to it. If it works, I'll do it one more month to avoid having it on the honeymoon. Thanks again everyone!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine