may be sick for my wedding :(

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:16 PM

This is probably more of a vent than asking for advice (but if anybody has good advice, I'll take it).

There seems to be a bug going around and I've definitly caught it. Pretty much it is a hacking cough combined with days of a stuffy head, fever, runny nose and generally feeling run down. I've been feeling this way for several week and just thought I would get over it b/c I'm normally a healthy person. However it has lasted 4 weeks. Not sure if anybody would have ideas other than getting rest and healthy food to make this thing go away. My wedding is in less than 2 weeks.

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I hope you have gone to a doctor, if not go immediately! Being sick for 4 weeks is way too long! You could walking pnumonia (sp?), God forbid! Green tea is always a good thing when you're sick also.Please see a doctor and I hope you clear it up for your big day!

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A lot of times after a nasty cold or flu some symptoms, especially cough, can last up to 2-4 weeks longer. A fever, body aches, and other symptoms shouldn't continue. It could possibly be allergies. Stress, like from planning a wedding, can really impact your immune system and cause you to get sick and have difficulty fighting it off. I would see a doctor, for the fact that a fever for 4 weeks is really not good.

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Had/have that...still getting over it. Went to the doc, gave me an antibiotic and I felt better within 3 days... I am still congested but i dont "feel" sick

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Please go to the doctor. It could the flu or a cold, but it could be an infection or worse.

If it's only a cold at least your know. If it's something more, you'll get what you need to get better.

Get thee to a doctor!

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Worrying aside, go to the doc and tell them to find out what you have. They can do a culture to find out (I worked in a lab, it's simple).

If it's a virus like a cold or the flu or something like that then tell them to give you antiviral medication so you can be better before the wedding. If it's bacterial like a sinus infection, then tell them to give you some antibiotics... that should clear what you have up.

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Of course, doctor doctor...but to maintain and fight off anything else, I've had GREAT luck with those Airborne tablet things. Ask your doc first (in case of allergies or interactions)...that stuff kept me healthy all winter despite working and going to school (germs x2).

Posted: Mar 14, 2006 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree. Get thee to a doctor. They can figure out if you still just have a bug, an infection, walking pneumonia (I've had it and it ain't pleasant), or asthma. I never got over colds because they triggered a lingering asthmatic cough. You really do just never know with these crazy winter things.

Posted: Mar 17, 2006 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

along with going to the doctor trying to get lots of sleep and drinking a lot of fluids should help as well. With your wedding being so close I am going to assume you are a little more stressed out and aren't getting very much sleep and that could be contributing to why you just can't seem to shake this. Try to take some relaxation time for yourself and I think you will be surprised at how much better you feel!! Get Well!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine