Late summer/Early fall wedding colors

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 10
Posted: Mar 5, 2006 4:02 PM

I have changed my mind about a million times about what colors I would like to use and would appreciate any input. We are getting married September 16 at a working farm/apple orchard. The ceremony and reception will be held in a renovated barn. There will be a bonfire and hayrides, so it is very much a country setting. My dress has already been purchased and is white, so an ivory dress is not an option. From what I have already seen a lot of fall brides have ivory dresses. Thanks for any help.

Posted: Mar 5, 2006 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Mandysmiles. I am getting married in late August and I am using apples as my centerpieces - green apples in steel pails. You could easily have apple green as one of your colours and pair it with a chocolate brown - my maid of honour is wearing chocolate brown and carrying a predominantly green bouquet. And both colours are very nice for fall/summer.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I like the idea of using warm colors in late summer/early fall, especially in the country. I don't know if you feel that its too early to use pumpkins, but I love the way they look! I also really like the idea of using sunflowers and wildflowers for a farm.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married on September 9th, so the one thing I wanted was to NOT have pastels in my wedding since it was too close to fall.

I ended up deciding on a multitude of shades of blue. Specifically a dark dark peri blue, and a steel greyblue are the two main focuses.

For flowers, I'm having dark blue/cobalt blue colored hydrangeas. I'm kindof having a transition between the ceremony and reception. The ceremony will be a lot sharper... white (chairs), black (tuxes plus bouquets wrapped in black), the blue bridesmaids dresses, and the hydrangeas. The reception will then be more muted... white, greyblue, and the hydrangeas.

Since you're doing a country wedding, I wouldn't advise doing a shade like blue... but that's just because I think you should stick with your scenery. My wedding is on the water, so blue was a logical choice. I think for hay bales etc. I would go for maybe golds, corals, pinks, reds, oranges, yellows or any other kind of "earthy" color. You can really pick any color... but then I would make sure that the SHADE you pick goes with the time of year.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding is 9/23/06 and my colors are chocolate brown/pink/ivory. Maybe think about going with colors that match the setting of the farm/apple orchard.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think a wonderful color for that time of year is APPLE RED. It is not quite red and not quite dark enough to be cranberry. It goes with the white wedding gown. The color would also be easy to accesorize with that time of year.
If you have any other questions, you can email me.

Tara in Massachusetts
Owner
Kaylee's Candles & Event Planning
Kayye975@yahoo.com

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding is 9/23/06 and I am using burnt orange and chocolate brown as my colors. I am also decorating with pumpkins, mums and ferns. I am going to use green, deep red, and gold as accent colors. My dress is also white which I don't see a problem with.

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 11:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting married 9/24/0 and our colors are Chocolate Brown/ Ivory/ and Champagne. Together the colors are very simple and elegant. Good luck planning and let us know what you decide.

Posted: Mar 7, 2006 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding is 8.18 and we chose red and white with some black... we are car people so it was a natural choice! Checkerboard dance floor, 50's style BM dresses in red... etc. Try and think of what fits your life and what would make the wedding fun. Don't get stressed over wedding colors! Smile Have fun, good luck, and let us know what you get!

Posted: Mar 10, 2006 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just wanted to let those who wanted to know, that I am going to give in and get an ivory dress. It stinks that I already spent the money on the other dress, but I bought it when we had planned on getting married in May 04'. My friends made me realize I don't want to be upset on my wedding day because I didn't have the dress or colors I really wanted. So, I will have an ivory dress with my MOH in champagne and my BM's in latte. The flowers will be a very light orange, almost peach with light brown worked in. Thanks for everyone's input! Hope everyone has a beautiful wedding day!

Posted: Mar 12, 2006 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That sounds lovely! Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine