Natural BIrth control?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43
Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know the rhythm method is tempting, but in addition to all the other problems someone outlined on here about sperm living inside your body, there's another. Even just doing the rhythm method requires you to have an incredibly regular cycle, and most women are not. Even if your period is regular down to the exact hour of the day you start your ovulation may not be. Or it may not stay that way. The ways you measure ovulation, like temperature, can vary for reasons besides ovulation and mess up your measurements. I know it's tempting, and you say you can't use hormonal or barrier methods, but even if you're alergic to latex there are still condoms out there you can use, and that's the only medical reason I can think of that you couldn't use those.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by MrsCFinally:

I go for my IUD on the 23rd so I'll let you know how it goes if you want me to.

Please do, I'm making an appointment for after the first of the month to talk to my doctor. Thanks!

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm highly advising that everyone on here considering an IUD talk to someone KNOWLEDGEABLE and perhaps do some reasearch of your own. I had an appointment to get and IUD and on the day I went in to have it inserted my doctor found out I had some precancerous cells on my cervix. While it was a shocking thing to hear at the moment, I'm glad I did. Long story short i ended up switching gyn's and my other gynecologist informed me as to how "misinformed" my other one had been on the true issues with IUD's. Basically, if you have had a child already, great. if you haven't then its highly possible to have the iud puncture your uterus or be pushed out because before having children your uterus is a bit larger than your fist. If this happens you can have an eptopic pregnancy and additionally have to have surgery to remove the IUD and possibly loose your fertility. Its not worth it to me. I've been using condoms for the past year almost without many problems. Its only slipped off or broken once and in those cases I just go get the Plan B pill and cross my fingers.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey there I just wanted to put my two cents in. I havent been on any type of hormone birth control since 2001.(because of health issues) And no pregnacies yet. We sort of do the rythme method and use condoms if we are close to ovulation. I know that withdraw is kinda gross to but we use that sometimes, and oral sex can also be gratifying with out the worry of getting pregnant.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have a friend who is doing birth control the natural way.. She does occasionally use protection but it has been over a year since she has been married and is not pregnant yet. She takes her temp every morning and when it goes up, she knows she is ovulating and doesn't have sex.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have done it since, 2003 and NO BABIES yet. It does take time and dedication like pp said. You really have to learn to read your body. I can tell you when I'm fertile even without temping now. I did start off temping and looking at other signs like cervical mucus(sorry tmi) But Like I said takes lots of time to learn how to know when the FERTILE TIME IS....

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know one person who used the "natural family planning" method, and she ended up 6 months pregnant at her wedding. I also read that there is a new IUD on the market that is useful for women who have never had a baby. In the end, the person who can help you the most is your gynecologist. If you don't have one that you are comfortable asking these kinds of questions to, find a new one! We ladies are nice and well-intentioned, but I know I'm not a gynecologist... so I don't have all the answers. Good luck!

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

me and fh use the pull out method or sometimes condoms. i cant take pills and the depo and nuva ring are awful!!! (to me anyways) so far it works out...except that we sometimes have arguments b/c fh doesnt pull out when he should...or tries to go back in after he finishes...i am like "hello??? why the hell did you pull out to begin with if thats what you are gonna do??" Roll Eyes

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Natural Family Planning is often misunderstood. It is 99% effective if used correctly. No birth control method is %100 effective, that's obvious. NFP works, the only reason it wouldn't, is if the woman didn't chart her cycle properly. It does take practice, and if you have been using any form of artificial birth control, then your body is going to be off track for a while before it will get back to its normal cycle. Go to www.ccli.org and you can find all the information you need. You can order a book that explains everything, and you can order a basal thermometer and a book of charts. The rhythm method is not as effective as the Sympto-Thermal Method of Natural Family Planning (which you will find on the CCL website). Like I said, the Sympto-Thermal Method is 99% effective! Also, an interesting side note: the divorce rate of married couples who use NFP is less than 1%. It creates an even deeper bond between the couple because they are constantly finding new (non-sexual) ways to express their love to each other.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Rosiecotton thank you so much for that web-site, that helps me out more than you know.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You're welcome! I am also from Indiana, I might be able to help you find a class near you. Where are you from in Indy? I am taking classes right now, they are once a month for four months.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 17, 2006 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I definitely wouldn't use the rhythm method or early withdrawl because it's way too risky. Men excrete (is that the right word) a small amount of semen before they ejeculate. (Sometimes called precum) It's to cleanse the urinary tract of urine before ejaculation because the urine can kill his little swimmers. You can get pregnant from precum.

But I'd definitely talk to a doctor and believe what she says above anything else you hear from anyone on the board.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 18, 2006 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am from Indianapolis (north east side)

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 19, 2006 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH use 2 methods just to be on the safe side we always use condoms even though we hate them and he pulls out every time. Even if the condom breaks we are still covered.Although I already have two children and he doesn't want any and its not in my best interest to have anymore (health) we are taking a more permanent route, both of us are getting fixed. No babies for me.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 20, 2006 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

RocklesGirl- I will send you a pm

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine