Natural BIrth control?

Online Users: 1,336 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 43
Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:21 PM

I've been reading up on natural birth control and was wondering if anyone else is doing this or has any info or facts about it? I think it's the path i'm gonna go with but i need more info, Please help

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What is it? I am gonna look it up....when I think "natural birth control" I think "abstinance".

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I guess i didn't explain it very well.... people call it all different things like
"natural family planning" and i've heard a bunch of other names for differnt ways to go about it, i was just wondering if anyone could help me know the difference.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When I looked on google the only things I could find was when you figure out when you're most fertile and when you're not. That seems a little risky to me. Basically what you do is chart your body temp and other changes in your body for a few months and then you can see (by changes in your body) when you're fertile. You just avoid having sex on those days.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's all I found, too, and I thought that that sounded pretty risky, also.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

From what i've read any form of BC is Risky, but i guess this more so than other. but i can't take pills and or any normal form of BC so i've been looking into this. i know the risk and i'm ok with that, however i'm not ok with being sick all the time from a pill. I was just hoping someone who has done it before could help me. so if your out there PLEASE HELP

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you looked at an IUD? I asked some questions on here about it a few days ago. It looks pretty good. The risks are very minor and its effective. They also last for a few years instead of having to look at a calendar to know if you can or not.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yea, both of my sister inlaws got them after having there last child, one of them got it down about 5 months ago and is still bleeding, she also has had some other problems but the other one got one and nothing happened she's normal. But like any form of BC, every girl is different and her body reacts in different ways. So i don't know what i should do. but i want to get all the info about all forms of BC that i can. Thanks

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about talk to your doctor about what works best for you, and find out more about different methods of BC.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is also called the "Rhythm Method" and it's pretty unreliable. There are too many variables for this to work for long. Plus sperm can live in your body for something like 4 to 5 days, so even if you have sex on a "safe" day, you can become pregnant once you ovulate. I personally do not want to take artificial hormones anymore or put anything foreign in my body, so I went back to good old condoms. They might not be "natural" themselves but I think it is the least intrusive method, and my gyn agrees that they're very safe. I do not use spermicide either. It may kill sperm but it also kills vital things in your body too. I've been off the pill for four years now and no problems with condoms.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 14, 2006 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think natural family planninf is fine if say you were to get pregnant, youd be secure, happy, and very accepting. But if you arent ready for a baby anytime soon...I wouldnt suggest using it. Lots of things can throw-off ovulation timing. And charting your body temp every morning at 0500 seems even more unappealing that condoms. We've used condoms as the only method for about 6 months now with no problems...really, i dont mind them at all, neither does he.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know people who used the rhythm method and didn't start a family for about five years (as planned). It takes a lot of dedication, careful tracking and will power

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Have you looked at an IUD? I asked some questions on here about it a few days ago. It looks pretty good. The risks are very minor and its effective. They also last for a few years instead of having to look at a calendar to know if you can or not.

I go for my IUD on the 23rd so I'll let you know how it goes if you want me to.

Natural BIrth control?
Posted: Feb 15, 2006 9:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you are concerned about hormonal methods of birth control, you should probably check out barrier methods.
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp2/portal/files/porta...birth-control-13.xml

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine