Cold sores (herpies of the mouth)

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 50
Posted: Mar 16, 2006 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

so i have been using the lysine, well i just got a cold sore today but it is small so i would have to say that so far it does work. even if i have gotten them a lot at least they are not gigantic like they were before. i would go to a dr and have them prescribe the valtrex but i dont have a job right now but once i get one i will. i do have a question if you get pregnant can you still use it?

Posted: Mar 17, 2006 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you are pregnant they will either prescribe a lower dosage for you or give you the Valtrex that you can take every 12 hours for 3 days. I have this one and it works great. But I do recommend finding out what your trigger is. For me it is stress. So I try my hardest to stay stress-free and so far so good. Talk with your doctor about it OR call a local pharmacist (sp?) They will be able to tell you a little more about it.

But with herpies and pregnancies. You have to be really careful. If you are pregnant you should already be seeing a OB/GYN talk to them about it and they WILL help you with the meds and any info or questions that you have.

Good luck!

Posted: Mar 17, 2006 11:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
Posted: Mar 17, 2006 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

my trigger can be anything, from changes in weather to stress. they happen when they want to. i am not pregnant but i was just asking for future reference. and thanks for the website it didnt help really because it was talking about genital herpes where i have cold sores (herpes of the mouth). but it was a good read.

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 8:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Abreva is really good at clearing them up. I too get them when I am really stressed out. and from having chapped lips(which makes it worse).

It helps keep them from spreading all over your mouth and they don't stay around as long.

Also might sound funny but rubbing alchol drys them up really quick but it burns. If you can take the sting it's worth giving it a try.

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks for that tip, abreva doesnt work for me but i will try the alcohol next time. my sore is gone now so next time i get one i will try that.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine