21st Century Bride Free Honeymoon - Is it a Scam???

Online Users: 1,320 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 23

halloweenbride13 Posts : 29 Registered: 9/4/07
Re: 21st Century Bride Free Honeymoon - Is it a Scam???
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 12:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got a phone call myself tod from 21st century and my fiance was like.... will you let me get a pen before you hang up? I also got some travel voucher in the mail a few days ago. I called back the number  and didn't even get a real voice mail, just said "you're party could not be reached" hope I just didnt make one of those hundred dollar phone calls... gald my dad works for the phone company! :) I too will not be going on this presentation, I'm so glad you guys posted about your experiences with these "vacations". I won't get sucked into something useless!

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: halloweenbride13

I just got one of these calls yesterday, the woman on the phone was very unprofessional, which helped to arouse my suspicion, plus you do have to pay for airfare, so if you consider all that it's really not a good deal. I asked my mother about it, she says when they're giving away something like a trip they're even nastier about sales pressure than for something like show tickets, and really try to guilt you into buying crap you don't need.

Be very wary of 21st century, royal prestige, etc. I think they're the same people.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I just got a call from 21st Century Today's Bride, as well. I made an appointment but then decided to do a little research. I found out that is is really just a scam.

The hotel accommodations are at crappy hotels and the gift certificate is for useless crap. Here are some links that I found to explain in further detail:

http://www.partypop.com/Forums/Weddings/m276085.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/268/RipOff0268797.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/137/RipOff0137372.htm

MayhemicM Posts : 48 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow this is irritating.  I "won" from 21st Century Bride.  Although it wasn't until I looked at my caller ID that i found out it was them.  They said "Simplicity Bride".  I was really getting pulled into it because the weekend before I had registered at a bridal show for Simplicity Gourmet and their free vacation. I was all excited b/c i was there, I met them and filled out the card - thus not a scam right?  Apparently not.  I missed a call and the caller ID showed up as 21st Century.  So they have a new name to add to the list apparently.  Drats...

And wow - who invites groups like that to present at their bridal show!?!?!

Mahalo

*M

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I actually got the same call last week and attended the presentation last night. They presented their array of cookware and gave us a free honeymoon. It's not a scam. They are just utilizing their advertising dollars differently than others might.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

a girl named elizabeth called me from 21st century brides yesterday morning, i spoke to a woman who said that i did win a bridal package and vacation.. i wanted to see if it was a scam so i looked online and found this site and you all were talking about it. So was it really a free package or did you have to pay anything?? Embarassed

shekakyle Posts : 1 Registered: 5/21/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well i have to look into this cause we are a young couple and we are paying for this wedding on our own so i really need this to be leget, but if not i need to fine alternitive

hook me up with deals, im cheap!!!

ChitownBklynBride Posts : 1 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: shekakyle

this sunday I went to the appointment that 21st Century Bride set up.  They tried to sell my fiance and I expensive cookware, but we didn't go for it.  At the end of the presentation we walked out with vacations vouchers, no scam involved. Hopefully, the same will be the same for when we use the vouchers. 

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6728 is just $309.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine