Weight Loss Buddies - Chapter Three!!!!

Online Users: 1,266 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 163
Posted: Jan 22, 2006 6:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank God for this post. I would love to join this. I don't know my weight but I am 5'11" and I wear a size 22 and I was hot when I was a size 12/14. I need to be there again. I've already placed my order for my dress but hey I'll just get it altered because I refuse to be this heavy.

Posted: Jan 22, 2006 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey, all! Things got BUSY this week, I see! Welcome all new people, and returnees! lady_megs, it's great to see you! I've seen you around on other boards, welcome! I'm not checking in until mid-week or so... I have been so completely insanely busy I haven't had time to work out. Frown Oh, well... we're starting dance rehearsals for the opera, so that will help. Keep up the great work everybody!

Posted: Jan 23, 2006 7:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Checking in myself, but I have NO idea how accurate this is persay. I haven't been to the gym but instead got nice and sick. Throat and sinus infection. Thanks to antibiotics like zithromax and pseudophedrine for the cough, NOOO appetite to be had. Dropped 6, but I have a feeling it will return once the appetite comes back. Sooo, 139 down to 133. We'll see how long THAT lasts. I'm 3 away from goal....

Posted: Jan 23, 2006 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

November, honey! hugs Just be drinking plenty of water, at least as much as you usually would... if the antibiotics are making you queasy, drink peppermint/chamomile tea instead of straight water. Broth is good too, since the salt will help keep your electrolytes up. Feel better, honey!

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 7:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Checking in* Went to the YMCA today....finally!! I only walked a mile but I did do a program that had me walking on a 5% incline for part of the time, I have not weighed myself yet, maybe at the end of the week. Thanks for keeping me on track, it is a bi!ch to get up and exercise at 5:30 a.m. before work though! but I won't do it at the end of the day....sigh...Thanks girlies!!!WinkBig Grin

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You Women Rock! Keep it up!

I've lost 30 pounds since last March Big Grin That puts me at 168 as of yesterday's weigh-in at the gym. I'm going to lose another 18 pounds before October.

My sister and best friend (my two maid's of honor) have pledged to do the Danskin Triathlon with me in July. I did this a few years ago when I was fitter so I know it's a good motivator (and a good way to honor my FMIL who is a breast cancer survivor). It's a women's only Tri and very inspirational. Check it out at http://www.danskin.com/triathlon.html

Not only will I look great on October 7th - but a week in a swimsuit in Puerto Vallarta is also keeping me on track with the diet and workout.

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good Morning Ladies!!

First off great work everyone keep it up.

I am checking in like I promised to do last week. I went to WW last night and lost 2.4 pounds Big Grin. That made me so happy. This week I am going to step up the exercise (last week only worked out twice, this week hopefully four or five times). I will check in again next Tuesday morning to let you know the results.

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 12:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was really worried about checking up on myself yesterday as well as weighing in. When my FH and I started we first weighed ourselves and took measurements at night, so now all my body stuff has to be done before I go to bed. After a lackluster first check in I was not really enthusiastic about another.

But, last night I weighed in at 147.4 lbs Smile Down 1.6 lbs from the week before and down 3 lbs from when I started at the beginning of January! Admittedly I'd like to see more coming off, but at the same time I know its going to be harder because I don't have as much to lose. I've lost fractions of inches on my body, but nothing concrete yet Smile We'll get there! Back to working out and making it a little bit tougher now...

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi ladies! this is my first update... im sad to say no weight off yet. but i have been a little sick so i havent had the motivation to get my butt out of bed. what i have done is cut myself off pop. i used to drink like 3-4 cans a day, so now im all about the water. i have also been trying to stop myself from grabbing the hamburgers at the caf (university student) and go for the egg salad. i have a question tho... i cant drink just water. i just dont like it that it has no taste. is it bad if i drink like 4 bottles of water a day but put crystal light in them? anyways, im looking forward to getting better and hitting the gym. cant wait to drop some pounds.
~Christyne

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok... Updating...
I'm in a once a week dance class, which is better than nothing, which is where I was. I was going to sign up for another (funky salsa, which sounds like fun) but it's halfway across town at a time when I have to be at work, grr...
I'm thinking of giving up sodas cold turkey. I'd drink water all day at work, some juice in the morning, and either water, juice or possibly a beer with dinner. So far nothing dramatic.... just baby steps. Smile

Oh, and my husband wants to sign up for gym membership. If he does, we will probably get on the corporate membership at my job, where it's a better deal than otherwise. Maybe I'll start doing classes at lunch or something. That would be nice. Smile

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello Ladies!

This is my first post on this thread, but I have some great news that I must share.

I tried on an old pair of pants today that I have not been able to fit into for 2 years. Oh My God! They fit! It was only a few pounds that I lost, but I have lost weight! I joined a cardio-kickboxing class and have cut down on beer and mashed potatos (two of my favs) along with a few other things. I'm so excited. I can't wait for kickboxing tomorrow. I am so much more I am motivated now. Woot! Go Me!

Posted: Jan 24, 2006 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

YAY!

Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

To those of you that are new with us, welcomewelcomewelcome!!! So nice to have all of you here! To those that are continuing, you go ladies! Keep plugging! It all and I mean ALL adds up....you're doing great. For everyone, please remember, whether you are having a good, bad, blah or not kind of week, be gentle on yourselves. You're all doing something good for yourselves no matter what, which is so much more than many people can say. It's okay to not be consistent one week, as long as the week following that, you get back on the horse and try try again! Don't get down. WEightloss and healthy living are NOT changes that are made overnight. They take time. You're going to be lovely no matter what happens ladies! And a little something to smile about, I caught myself having a moment yesterday that I'll share. I've had to replace my wardrobe for winter because of the weightloss. My clothes were 16-18, so now that I am an 8, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, had to go. I was in NY&Co on lunch and they have their end season clearance. I had been waiting for these sweaters to go to clearance all season long, so I started to flip through the racks and got annoyed. Why? Because I needed an Extra Small Sweater. They didn't have an extra small and I got annoyed. I caught myself and remembered that this time LAST year, I was still in my 16-18 large to extra large sizes...I walked out feeling very humble, and VERY good. And if you all keep trying and doing what you're doing, you're going to have a moment like that very shortly as well if you haven't had it already....

Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Why don't I jump on the bandwagon. I didn't know that working out first thing in the morning would jump start weight loss....going to have to do that!
I started working out three times a week two weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs! Yay!
(That's gaining muscle TOO)

Posted: Jan 25, 2006 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

quote:
Originally posted by Christyne: i have a question tho... i cant drink just water. i just dont like it that it has no taste. is it bad if i drink like 4 bottles of water a day but put crystal light in them?

I have a hard time drinking enough water for the same reason. I try to avoid Crystal Light because its too sugary AND its something like 10 calories a bottle. Not a lot, I know, but I figure one of the easiest places to take calories out of my diet is drinks Smile Anyways, flavored waters are usually no calorie and the Dasani and Aquafina ones are actually pretty tasty. Not too sugary. PLUS, you can refill those bottles with regular water and some of the flavor still stays Smile

Diet Snapple Iced Teas are also a good way too go. Healthy because they're tea, AND they have NO calories Smile I personally love the peach but they're all pretty good. Hope that helps!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine