6:00 wedding what to wear

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
Posted: May 29, 2005 9:14 PM

Ok this is not about my wedding because I know what I am going to wear to my wedding Wink. This is about a wedding I am going to a week before mine (in July). I do not know what to wear. It is a 6pm wedding and they had very formal invitations. I was going to wear this really cute black dress with tiny pink poki dots but I am not sure black is okay. I did find out that the braidsmaids are wearing black which just confused me more.I wou;d not mind if people wore black to my wedding though it is not that formal but I won't really care what someone wore anyway. What do you guys think?

Posted: May 29, 2005 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think that if the bridesmaids are wearing black, then you are okay - the bride doesn't mind the whole wearing black thing. . . although in my neck of the woods, no one would wear black to a formal wedding

Posted: May 30, 2005 12:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would think it would be ok to wear a black dress especially given that the 'maids are wearing black.

With the abundance of "Little Black Dresses" these days, I don't see the problem.

Just me though.

Posted: May 30, 2005 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Black dresses are no longer the wedding taboo they used to be, although it would be frowned upon at a morning/afternoon wedding. Since the BM's are wearing black, I say go ahead, just make sure the style isn't similiar to that of the BM's.

Posted: May 30, 2005 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Go right ahead and wear black. A beautiful pink shawl really would "make" your outfit.
myra at http://www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: May 30, 2005 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I also think that black should be fine at a 6pm wedding, especially because it is a formal one and the BMs are wearging black. I would agree though to try and make sure that your style isnt similar to the BMs, but you did say taht yours has pink polka dots so you should be just fine, I do like the idea of a pink shawl though it will set you apart even more and look really cute!

Posted: May 30, 2005 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Personally, I think your dress sounds fab and I'd wear it to the wedding. BUT if you're still leery just give the bride (or groom, whichever you know) a call and ask her! What's the worse than can happen? She says no. Well that's fine then you have time to find another outfit Wink (which means shopping and shopping is GREAT)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine