espresso colored bridemaids dresses

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14
Posted: Apr 21, 2005 12:45 PM

for an evening october wedding...what do you girls think of espresso or mocha colored bridemaids dresses? with ivory or white flowers for bouquet with maybe a hint of color? and if so what color shoudl i throw in to the bouquets? any help is welcomed!!!! thanks

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think those colours are gorgeous. It has a classy air to it and by having white or ivory bouquets, I think you are complimenting the brown tones. I think ivory would be better than white because white is too bright.

As for splashes of colour, that depends on other colour themes in your wedding. I think red would look very rich and striking. Pink could work too. Purple too. I would stay away from warm colours like orange, yellow and so on. It might just make everything look dirty.

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i agree with sylvia. ivory would be so great, and so would a deep red!

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

the color is theme is really just the browns (espresso, chocolate colors and ivory)...but i would like to add some color in the girls bouquets!!! i was thinking the same colors...i think maybe a pink or purple with the ivory!!! thanks girls!!!! and good luck to you!!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Pink would be cutesy, purple would be girly but regal, and red would be sexy and romantic. Depends on the vibe youre going for. Good luck hun, you have good taste!

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

do you really think orange or yellow would look dirty looking? cause i was thinking about those colors too!

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've seen some really cute pairing of chocolate colors with lime green too...

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love those colors.

I think just ivory colored flowers would look beautiful against the dresses. I like the monochromatic color scheme.

Also, pink and brown is a really hot color combo right now.

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 12:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oooh... yeah I do like the idea of lime green and brown, that would be gorgeous.

But yeah orange and yellow with the brown looks too dirty to me. Its like there is a rusty or earthy quality to it thats just not appealing as a grand colour scheme. If these colours were on something small like a cake that would be pretty but not as a big colour scheme. I dont think it would look nice in pictures either.

The idea of green is kind of cool though. It would be striking and the pictures would look awesome. Maybe you could have centerpeices with cut limes in them or even in the bouquets. Ive seen this done with lemons.

Either way you go, I think youre going to have an interesting colour scheme for your wedding! Will you let us know what you choose? Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks girls....your input has been very helpful...i will let you all know when i decide!!!!!

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My daughter used espresso dresses for her wedding. You can see a picture on our website. Almost any color goes, whether you stick to the neutrals or add some pop with an accent color.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

A pale pink and brown would look amazing together. Also, I've seen some beautiful flower arrangements with bright orange and brown that looked amazing, not dirty at all, especially for a fall wedding.

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ah!!!!! I'm very excited! There is a Jim Hjelm dress that would be awesome for you. It is a dropped waist (so it fits lots of body types) tea length dress with pink piping at the top and a narrow pink ribbon. (not that you couldn't get it in other colors, but this is the one in the advertisements). It's GORGEOUS!!!!!

Posted: Apr 22, 2005 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would go with a pale pink, or either a burnt orange color. For flowers you can incorporate whichever color you select.

GOOD LUCK!

Posted: Apr 24, 2005 11:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was actually thinking of esspresso for my wedding in October and had my heart set on it, but someone made a good point that the color may not look good, next to a black tux. Just a thought, you may want to have a tux the same color or maybe it won't bother you, just thought I'd mention it. Let me know what you decide. Good LuckSmile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine