Black and white wedding party

Online Users: 1,312 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
Posted: Apr 6, 2005 11:45 AM

Hi! I have always envisioned a black and white wedding party b/c it seems timeless to me. However, I am getting married in early April in Atlanta, GA. The wedding is also in the day. Would that still be appropriate or should I go with a color for the bridemaid's dresses? Also, if I went with black and white, what are some good other colors to pair. On a side note, we are getting married in a beautiful chapel with an entrance of black and white marble. It is gorgeous!!! Anyhow, if anyone has any advice about this, I would appreciate it. Also, would love to see pictures from weddings with black and white wedding parties. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It sounds like a beautiful place to get married! I am doing all black and white for the BM's the dresses are gorgeous! I am doing black and white silk flowers for their bouquet with some royal blue ribbon. Our overall color scheme is black, white, and blue is the accent color! I was kind of bummed about the dresses, because blue is my favorite color, but you said it best! Black and white is timeless! I never even paid any attention to the "rules" for the seasons! If I liked it I was using it for my wedding! I am a total believer in that anything goes anymore!
If you want to add some color with your day, your lucky because any color goes with black and white. If I hadn't chosen blue, red was my next choice. Good Luck and I hope this helped!

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im using orange and pink for my wedding, which is not a wonderful pairing, but I like it- so that's what Im using!

If you like it, go for it because you only get married once (Hopefully). Noone else (family members) have to like it, as long as you and your FH do. Good luck and Id love to see pics from your black and white wedding! Smile

Posted: Apr 6, 2005 9:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

im having a black and white wedding too! my bm dresses are different for each girl. strapless black with white polka dots, all black with white ribbon, top white and black bottom, etc. i wanted them to be comfortable but stay mostly black in the dresses. and they are all tea length. i thought about red flowers and i still think it would be beautiful, but i dont like the color red. i am going with bright pink flowers. i kinda got into this whole flamingo pink thing. im from florida so it kinda fits. ive got pink flamingos on the invatations, flamingo cake topper, and the flower girls are tossing pink feathers instead of petals. our ceremony entrance will be lined with plastic pink flamingos. its tacky and fun and i love it! im later taking those flamingos to be centerpieces on the reception tables. they will be standing in a goldfish bowl with black and white goldfish in them. our favors are silver boxes with black and white jellybeans. we also have black and white balloon archway thing in the entryway. our cake is white icing with black piping. and i am asking the guests to wear black and white, but making it optional in case someone thinks its crazy. when we come out of the church, the guests will have sparklers and party poppers. everything ties in for the most part except the sparklers, but screw it...its my wedding and if i like it, then thats what we are doing! have fun with it! id like to hear some of your ideas too. sorry this is so long, once i get going, its hard to stop. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 7, 2005 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ya'll are all correct with going with what fits the bride. Thanks for the replies and advice. I also think black looks great on all body types even though most of my bridesmaids are in pretty good shape.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine