Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts??

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8
Posted: Mar 12, 2005 10:45 AM

Help, is it customary to give the hosts of a bridal shower a gift as a thank you? If so, what is an acceptable gift? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Posted: Mar 14, 2005 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I actually had my shower yesterday. My Mom bought my Bridesmaids the Willow Tree Angels to thank them all for their hard work. She got them the "thank you" one. They were so touched. I thought it was really nice of her.

Posted: Mar 21, 2005 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

The Monday after my shower, I am having a Thank You bouquet of flowers delivered to each of the hostesses houses as my way of thanking each of them for throwing my shower.

Posted: Mar 21, 2005 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

aww... both of those thank you gifts are very sweet!

Posted: Mar 23, 2005 12:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

you can give your hostess anything you think is appropriate. i found a pretty pin/broach that is heart-shaped with tiny pink stones in it. i know that my bridal shower is going to be hosted by a woman from work who's practically adopted me. her favourite colour is pink, i found this at her favourite little shop, and i can picture it pinned to a pashmina she wears all the time. so i bought it and am saving it for a hostess gift.

your hostess is obviously someone who cares about you. show how well you know them. maybe take them out for lunch at their favourite restaurant, send their favourite flowers or chocolates. anything, as long as it's a heartfelt gesture!

Posted: Mar 27, 2005 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've never gotten anything for hosting a shower, but I absolutely LOVE the idea of sending them a thank you bouquet of flowers!

Great idea!!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2005 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

There are great bridal shower favors ideas @ www.weddingfavorstogo.com. I used them and think they were wounderful. I also don't understand how, when someone throws a party in your honor you dont give them a gift. Not doing so would be would be very rude.

Posted: May 3, 2005 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I sent a thank you bouquet to my step mom that threw my bridal shower this passed Saturday. She called and was so happy and hadn't expected a gift from me. It was so nice to be able to say thanks to her in that way because without her, the shower wouldn't have been so much fun!

Posted: May 24, 2005 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm doing something a little different- my mom's best friend is hosting a shower for me, and as the "hostess gift" I've hired someone to clean all the dishes and clean up after the party so she doesn't have to. She's thrilled.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine