Bridal shower HELP!

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2
Bridal shower HELP!
Posted: Mar 1, 2005 11:22 AM

My MIL wants to throw a shower for me, but I really don't need much at this point(I've owned my house for over 3 years and my fiance has lived with me for almost as long). I don't want to be ungrateful or offend her, but I've very slowly purchased most things I need. I've heard of a HM registry which would be great and gift card showers. Any suggestions on how to word an invite for this type of shower??

Bridal shower HELP!
Posted: Mar 1, 2005 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We don't need much either, but accept the fact that people want to get you gifts. If they get you things you don't need or want, return them, give them to charity...whatever. The gift-giver doesn't need to know. Also - I think there are some things everyone can use. You can't have enough sheets and towels, glasses always break, things you would never purchase for yourself, etc.

That being said, a theme shower may work better for you. It could be a lingerie shower, a kitchen shower (everyone brings a recipe and some type of gadget to make it with), a gardening shower - or somethign relate to whatever interests you and your FH may have.

As far as the wording on the invite goes, that's more for your MIL (or whoever is throwing the shower) to worry about. I'm sure there is some clever way to put in the invitations that you prefer gift cards, etc.

Bridal shower HELP!
Posted: Mar 1, 2005 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FMIL insisted on throwing us a shower as well, so we asked her to make it a couples cocktail shower. It will be on a Saturday night and all our couple friends are invited. We did register for a very few things at Target, but I asked my FMIL to let people know that we would prefer gift cards or cash so we can pick up clothes for the honeymoon or whatever.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine