quilts

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
quilts
Posted: Feb 3, 2005 11:28 PM

hello all,
my fmil is very crafty, and makes alot of gifts for people. recently, she leaked out that she is planning on making a quilt for a wedding present for us, and also was asking when we planned on having children so she could work on some special bedding for them. Now, I don't have any problem with her being willing to contribute so much time and effort in a wonderful gift for my FH and me, however, I am really not a quilt person. My tastes are very modern. She made us about 24 quilted, crocheted and cross-stiched christmas ornaments, which i smiled and said i liked, even though i know they will never be shown in my house unless she is over. Also, I have seen her choices of colours for her projects (browns and calico reds), and they don't match my style at all (pinks, purples, blues). My FH, btw, says to do whatever i want, and that he likes what i like, but i know he doesn't want to hurt his mother. I have tried showing her my style, but I don't think i have gotten through
Any ideas on how to stop her from making a quilt before it is started? I just don't want her to go through the "pain" of an unfinished project and an unnapreciative FDIL.
Thanks

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine