Bridesmaid Unhappy About Dress

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0
Bridesmaid Unhappy About Dress
Posted: Feb 3, 2005 3:37 PM

It was really important to me that my bridesmaids feel comfortable in their dresses, but I also wanted matching dresses (just a personal preference). So I got the group together to go on a shopping trip to decide on the dress. My future SIL loved the first dress she tried on, and while I liked it, it wasn't really what I had in mind. The entire time we were shopping, she pretty much hated everything else. I let it go until we found the dress that I was looking for and mentioned that it was what I had in mind. While it was a very similar style to the one she liked (same length, cut, and both strapless), she said she didn't like that one and wanted the other instead. (The one she liked did not come in a color that I wanted and also was made of a material I don't really care for.) I got very upset because all day long I went along with what she thought, but when I finally found what I wanted, she completely nixed the idea. She then went home and told her mother that I was being a "bridezilla" and her mother proceeded to tell nearly everyone else in her family. How should I handle this situation? All of the other bridesmaids like the dress. I feel horrible about this!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine