Center Piece Ideas (Create your own!!)

Online Users: 1,250 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9
Posted: Jan 5, 2005 12:47 PM

Hello everyone. Our wedding is at the end of the spring and our colors are chocolate, pale yellow and ivory. I am the most non-creative person known to man. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could use as centerpieces?

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG! lol Sorry. I was watching some wedding show a few weeks ago. I cant remember what it was called...i know it had something to do with the couple letting other people do all their wedding planning in a week and the couple cant know anything. You prolly know what im talking about.

But anyway, they did a chocolate themed wedding and im gonna tell you what they used at center pices and it looked really nice!

Take two vases. the same shape but one needs to be smaller than the other. Glue the smaller one inside the larger one to create a double vase. Next fill the outside of the vase with Almond M&Ms (The BROWN and IVORY kind). MMS.com is a wedsite wher eyou can buy ANY color M&Ms you want! Or you can fill it with whatever other brown and ivory candy you can find. In the middle of the vase put flowers. Use either the same flowers you are using in your boquet or use some sort of pale yellow flowers and white flowers.

TRUST ME! This turned out awesome! Im sure you would be able to find it on the TLC website or the WEDDING CHANNEL web site. Now that i think about it i think the show was called "For better or for worse" Yeah, i think thats right. Well, good luck and i hope u liked that idea. Even a little bit. lol

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ooooo....your a June bride too!! Just like me! YAY! lol I just noticed that after i sent that last post. lol

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This sounds like a GREAT idea. Please tell me how I will get the smaller vase inside the larger, as I said I am the most non creative, unimaginative person you have ever met. Confused

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 6:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

They have glue that you can use to glue glass on glass. I found some at Walmart in the hardware section. I had a similar idea when I had my wedding, but didn't end up doing it. I had a bowl (large for floating candles) and a cylinder vase, I was planning on putting the vase inside the floating candle bowl, but I didn't like how it looked. I did see the episode of "For Better or For Worse" and it did look really nice. You could also go to a craft store and somebody there may recommend a certain type of glue that holds better than others. Good luck!

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 8:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah Kelly is right. You can find it at a hardware store or probably any craft store..

One thing i just thought of. When you buy the vases, try a large curvy vase, like the hour-glass shape or something. They used straight sided vases on T.V. Whatever you do make sure that the vase you use on the inside is a straight sided vase...it will make it much easier. I actually did this centerpiece for a friends Baby Shower.

You could also get candles if your reception place lets you use candles. Get like three different sized candles, put them on a mirror and sprinkle flower petals around on the mirror.

Traditional vase with flowers is always nice. Thats what my aunt did. She used some sort of wild looking yellow flowers, grasses, and cat tails in a vase. It looked very nice. Her theme for her wedding was more of an outdoor theme cause she had a winter wedding. It turned out very nice.

Im just tryin to give out more ideas. Im in a creative mood tonight. lol I hope im helping instead of just rambling. lol

Posted: Jan 5, 2005 8:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok so let me make sure I understand because both of these ideas soung great. For the larger vase make sure it is curvy, like a hurricane vase and wide enough for the smaller more rectangular vase to fit inside of it...am I on the right track..I am really trying to get this because I want to do it...by the way its an outdoor wedding and reception... I have copied the url to the location take a look if you would like....thank you all so much, I dont know what I would do without this board...
http://www.arkarts.com/facility_rentals/terry_house/

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can simplify this idea greatly by using something inside the single vase that will be okay in water--for yellow you could use lemons or for green, limes, which will last for days. I've seen brown coffee beans or stones. I've even seen baby carrots or green peas! Just be sure to use fresh, raw, hard skinned items. Or, you can use ornaments, items made out of plastic, colored glass, pearls, etc. I have pics of lots of these and would be happy to send them.
myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Your on the right track. You dont have to use the hurricane vase if you dont want to. You can pretty much use any vase you want and will fit a smaller vase inside of it. I suggest you go to a craft store or any store that had a wide variety of vases. Play around with themsee what kind you like and what size you like. As long as you are able to put the candy inside between the two panes of glass it will work. Im sure if you end up going to a craft store and you explaine to one of the people working there what you want to do they will help you out.

Your site is awesome! Its so pretty! And it will look awesome in June.

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Also check candy stores at local malls for M&M's by the color. That way you can save on shipping.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine