My diet Plan

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
My diet Plan
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 12:45 AM

I have completely changed my lifestyle! I have been eating very healthy and busting my butt at the gym, but for 2 months I was getting no where, so here is what I did:

1. I read an article at the gym that said shakes as meal replacements are one of the easiest ways to cut calories. I had been eating so healthy and for the first time in a while felt like I was getting the correct nutrition my body needed, BUT I wasn't shedding pounds. I decided to go ahead with the shake thing, but the key point is, I promised myself I would comitt! My plan was sort of like the slimfast diet, but not quite. I planned to have a shake for breakfast and lunch and then have a salad for dinner with a slice of multi grain bread.

Example shake: 1 strawberry banana yogurt. 3 strawberries, 1 medium sized banana, a little bit of milk on top for consistancy, blend. Add 4 iced cubes and blend. Makes 1 shake with a little left over.

The shakes are very filling and sometimes I can't finish my glass. I soon found out that my 1 shake plan wouldn't work with my schedule. I only have been able to fit 1 shake in a day. (either mornings or afternoons depending on when I have 5 minutes to spare to make it) I am in no way, shape or form telling anyone that this is a healthy diet. I needed motivation and something to jumpstart my weight loss. So far so good.

2. I used to push the gym aside in order to study for exams, clean the apartment, or spend time with FH. I work full time and am also a full time student. FH and I live together too, so we both divide up the house chores. With my lack of time, he usually ends up cleaning and then I feel guilty, BUT I was lacking "Me time". (FH works part time at the gym where I go, so sometimes he's there, but it's still "me time" because it's the one and only thing I can do for myself, by myself. And he knows not to even look at me or else smoke will blow out of my ears, lol. This is where I decided that along with my shake plan, I would MAKE time to go to the gym 5 times a week. If I could, I would go everyday, but my schedule doesn't possibly allow it.

3. I NEED SLEEP! If I don't have it, I drag my heels the entire day. I make sure I have 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I used to feel pressure of getting everything I needed to do in one day. Now if something is not done, it gets done the next day-no big deal.

4. Pliates and tension release on my days off from the gym. 40 minutes of pilates. And then I do a tension releasing excersize I learned thats easy and you can do it anywhere. (I'm a clinical psychology major)

I have a stomach problem called IBS and in the past 2 weeks that I have stuck to this, I have not gotten sick once! Today I caved because I have been doing so well and I had a piece of pizza and a candy bar for dinner. My IBS symtoms attacked me within an hour after eating! I also cut meat out of my diet for the past 2 months, but don't want to call myself a vegetarian yet in case I slip up somehow. I doubt I will though considering some of the research I have been doing, Thanks to eli Smile If your looking into it, get a vegetarian starter kit..google it, they are free on most websites. Sometimes when I'm at the gym, they have the cooking channel on and when I look at the meat now, I get sick to my stomach. I have had to completely stop my workout twice because of this already!

I just thought I would share my plan with you ladies. I don't want to persuade anyone to try it because everyone's body is different. What works for one may not work for another. Also, I'm trying to balance it out with more nutrition because I know it is unhealthy. I'm not getting enough grains and protein. With all this said though, I wanted to share because it was a quick boost to start shedding pounds. It will be 2 weeks this sunday and I've lost 10 pounds already. Good Luck everyone on

My diet Plan
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh yeah, I also meant to say...feel free to share your diet plans as well. Big Grin

My diet Plan
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have IBS, too, and I know that when I eat healthy my symptoms are not nearly as bad. Pain is a good learner... but not good enough since I can't stop indulging my cravings! Frown

You sound like you are doing great!

My diet Plan
Posted: Mar 26, 2006 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Newsjunkie28, I am still trying to figure out how I had the willpower to do it for the past few weeks (except for the little pizza mishap last night)! lol I guess I just hate failing! I had no IBS pains for the past 2 weeks until I had the junk last night. The most important thing is my health is better and I feel better!

GUESS WHAT! One of my co-workers just asked me if I lost any weight because I look like it! Big Grin yyaaaayy!! It feels sooo good! haha Keep the good work up everyone!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine